just joined the 1uz club

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
the new mounts aren't solid, but they don't allow much engine movement like poly's and butyl rubber (stockstuff). The other advantages are that these are cheaper than the stock rubbers, they allow more clearance for headers, and I can use the same mounts for several different swaps. Plus I can include these with the new mounts for the price of the solid mounts, and they're available on several sites if replacements are needed.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
4U2QUIK;1460815 said:
lol, you can't..... You have to go with the toyota truck booster which will work fine, and if it isn't there's plenty of high powered compact boosters available for a reasonable price.

So the truck booster clears? I'm very interested in this engine swap and I think you could make it very successful with a full kit as I think buyers can get their hands on a 1UZ more easily and cheaper than a 1JZ. Plus I'd love to see the market for this great engine get more companies making performance parts for the 1UZ (cams, heads, internals, etc.).

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
4U2QUIK;1460464 said:
the new mounts aren't solid, but they don't allow much engine movement like poly's and butyl rubber (stockstuff). The other advantages are that these are cheaper than the stock rubbers, they allow more clearance for headers, and I can use the same mounts for several different swaps. Plus I can include these with the new mounts for the price of the solid mounts, and they're available on several sites if replacements are needed.

Yea, I was saying I liked the new mounts because they were not solid, do you have a picture to compare the new mounts to the factory 7M rubber mounts?

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
so uhm, which mount did I get then? The old mounts or the newly redesigned one? Cause that's a lil bit of bad business isn't it? To release a mount, then all of a sudden have a redesign in it for about the same price....

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
ihiryu;1461230 said:
so uhm, which mount did I get then? The old mounts or the newly redesigned one? Cause that's a lil bit of bad business isn't it? To release a mount, then all of a sudden have a redesign in it for about the same price....

I'm making 3 different types. Solid Steel, steel with isolators, and aluminum with isolators. Only the solid mounts have been tested for proper fit so far....
I'm presenting them on the store as they're developed as with any product. Future plans also include adding a w58 adaptor plate, cressida 1uz mounts, 240sx 1uz mounts, 7m Thermostat housings ect... ect....
So no, not bad business, just rapidly developing business.

Chambers;1461074 said:
Yea, I was saying I liked the new mounts because they were not solid, do you have a picture to compare the new mounts to the factory 7M rubber mounts?

not really, but the original mounts are square with a offset that makes it a PIA to make a mount for.

Justin727;1461005 said:
hell you could in some cases get a whole car cheaper then a jz swap
jz swap is a waste of money as far as I'm concerned at this point.

7Mboost;1460955 said:
So the truck booster clears? I'm very interested in this engine swap and I think you could make it very successful with a full kit as I think buyers can get their hands on a 1UZ more easily and cheaper than a 1JZ. Plus I'd love to see the market for this great engine get more companies making performance parts for the 1UZ (cams, heads, internals, etc.).

The supra booster is 10" and the truck booster is 8" in diameter, so I'd say yes with confidence.

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
got your pm, glad that you squared that away for me. I'll hold off for now, I'd like to see how these mounts vs the ones you sent sit the motor.

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
sweet got my mounts in today....just gotta source out a tranny to figure out which adapter i need. Thanks!

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
iMike_G.;1463890 said:
Hey Brandon.i just got my license, so if you need any help with the Supra let me know. Ill drive out there!!!

Bout time!

ihiryu;1464143 said:
sweet got my mounts in today....just gotta source out a tranny to figure out which adapter i need. Thanks!

well, if you're on a budget go with the w58, if not go for the r154.

The only reason I went with the r154 to start with, was because it practically fell into my lap. Plus with marlin crawlers shop being by my grandma's house..... made it a decision worth pursuing.

the ghoul

Sep 30, 2009
warren, MI
looks good man...
i didnt catch it, but is she on the road yet?
i appreciate the fact tha t your going out of your way to produce this stuff...
as much as i like being able to go into any junk yard and finding a 1uz, id like to see this swap become more popular.

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
iMike_G.;1464563 said:
What you doing sunday? if nothing ill take a trip out there!
DOING NOTHING ON SUNDAY YOU SHOULD COME OUT.
oops caps.... btw I noticed you have a mx5..... i think i have a sway bar for one somewhere you can have.

the ghoul;1464613 said:
looks good man...
i didnt catch it, but is she on the road yet?
i appreciate the fact tha t your going out of your way to produce this stuff...
as much as i like being able to go into any junk yard and finding a 1uz, id like to see this swap become more popular.

not on the road yet, but once the last lines comein for the clutch it'll be rolling. which I think will be next week.

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
lol are you implying that either; your grandma is the one rebuilding these transmissions, or that she runs an underground sweat shop that rebuilds the transmissions?

jk jk, I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I'm either going to leave it bone stock (or bolt ons) or go single turbo. But I know the w58 is not going to hold the 1uzfeT. So I guess whatever comes first, that's why I haven't bought an adapter plate. Or I could just go w58 for now, decide I want big power, buy a r154, and use the w58 setup on my SC400 lol

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Being a clutch line I'd just go for the ryco/aeroquip reusable fittings and make it what ever length you need at home.
(I used these for my power steer remote mount and turbo lines)