just installed eibach/tokico II's, Now clunking noisy

92ma71

Jun 13, 2011
Fairbanks, AK
okay so I just installed the Pro kit. I think I am confused on how to adjust the little setting on the top for the TEMS. I think this may be my problem. Every time I hit a bump I can actually hear the bump. Just a small bump and it sounds like my car is going to fall apart. What are the settings on the shock vs the TEMS etc. Any help would be appreciated otherwise I just screwed up my nice riding Supra and wasted alot of money.

92ma71

Jun 13, 2011
Fairbanks, AK
Okay no problem. What ended up happening was I torqued the nut down on the top and put everything back together even all the interior pieces in the rear before I set the car back on the ground. What I should have done was drive it around let all the new parts settle and seat themself then go back and recheck the nut on the top of the shock. All four ended up being slightly loose where everything settled into place after a short drive.

In the end, the Eibach Pro Kit and Tokico Illumina II's ended up being a great combination. On the soft settting ( I have HKS TEMS), I can still tell that the suspension is way tighter but it is still a smooth daily ride.

On the setting in between all the way up to hard, it is definately noticeable and a great addition to a fun driving car.

The drop was perfect. I run 245 45 17 MK4 rims in the front and 285's in the rear.
If anyone has any questions on this install. Feel free to ask!

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
Thats exactly what I was going to say was the issue. Typically the center shock nut loosens some and then the shock "clunks" this is why most of the aftermarket shocks come with nyloc nuts

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
Do you have any pics of how the car sits? I have 17x10.5 cobra wheels on the back with 275-40's and i'm afraid of rubbing if i lower it.