Just got my first Mk3!

socalmk1

BHG Mechanic
Mar 11, 2009
Hemet, Ca
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

Just got my first MK3 N/A with 7MGTE swap. I'm also a member on SF. Heres some pics:

p1274336_1.jpg

p1274336_2.jpg

p1274336_3.jpg

p1274336_4.jpg

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Welcome to SM!

I also have an 89 NA with a 7MGTE swap..

are you still running a w58 and a 4.3 dif, or are you going to swap for an R154 and a 3.73 or a 3.91?

Looks like you have an NA cooling fan, you should upgrade to a 7MGTE fan just in case..

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Very nice, Looks like you will be looking for a power steering reservoir cap, fan shroud, and need to clean up the engine harness a little. Other than that the body looks pretty straight and cancer free.

Welcome to SM.

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
Welcome to supramania.

My 89 was white with blue cloth interior and I was in the middle of a 7MGTE conversion when I got red of it!!!~ Looks just like my old car but mine wasn't a targa

socalmk1

BHG Mechanic
Mar 11, 2009
Hemet, Ca
www.myspace.com
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I do need to get a fan shroud and turbo ps reservoir. Those pics were after I just got her home. I plan on pulling the seats and carpet so I can steam clean and vacuum everything. She currently has a BHG. Gotta start pulling the head next weekend. :3d_frown: The previous owner didn't machine the head when he put the motor in. He used a felpro gasket. It failed within 20 miles. He did put brand new ARP head studs though. Gonna resurface the head and use oem head gasket. (Might go with the Titan Motorsports one.) Gonna torque it right this time round.

She still has the W58 and the N/A non LSD diff. Eventually gonna change those out with a R154 and a Turbo LSD diff. Also wanna get a 1 pc. alum. driveshaft.

Plans for it are:

550's
Lex AFM
57 trim CT-26
I have a FMIC that came with the car. Just need piping.
HKS 3000 pipe.
3" BIC DDP with open wastegate.
3" Turbo back exh.
EBC
Dual 12" elec fans
Koyo radiator
FFIM
Walbro 255lph fuel pump

That should hold me off for a while.

Next summer I plan on swapping in a 2jzgte with V160 and single turbo. :naughty:

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
and dont bother with those dual e-fans, just get a turbo clutch fan setup.

i also hate to break it to you, but i hope when it comes time for smog the guys a retard and doesnt realize the vin goes with a non-turbo engine!

willtotheumm

I Bleed TRD
Apr 11, 2008
Orcutt, CA
www.myspace.com
From what i've rear the V160 won't fit right in. It'll take some modding to get it to work.

Clean Supra though! I love the 89+ body styles. I want to convert my 88 to that style.

That one looks a lot like a 91 that I found that I might be buying soon. Only this one is a hardtop.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Like CiFi said, since you don't have the time to pull the motor to put in a MHG keep your mods simple until you can get to a point where you can pull the motor to put in a MHG. I don't trust non-MHG's for a good reason, ask all the people on here who have has multiple BHG's (there's atleast a few dozen, if not hundred).

Adam

willtotheumm

I Bleed TRD
Apr 11, 2008
Orcutt, CA
www.myspace.com
Rennat;1275192 said:
i also hate to break it to you, but i hope when it comes time for smog the guys a retard and doesnt realize the vin goes with a non-turbo engine!

Well since that year Supra came with the Turbo option, the car is still smog legal. If he wanted to swap in, say, a 5mge, it would be illegal. If he swaps in the 2jzgte that he plans (as do I), it's legal, because it's a newer Supra engine.

but NA -> Turbo is still legal. just a PITA because of the trans, and then LSD, etc.