Just got a Greddy profec bc

N87Turbo

Feb 10, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
I just got my greddy profec b spec II boost controller and Im gonna be hooking it up today or tomorrow, I was wondering where is the best route to run the lines through the fire wall. Any other tips or problems anyone had while hooking up theirs?

spoolint78

Representing T.O
Mar 30, 2005
T.O
^^ common place when running wires into the engine bay.
Secondly, the profec is pretty easy to install.
Just a power and ground wire.

N87Turbo

Feb 10, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
Need Help!!! I just installed my boost controller yesterday, it ran great, but today on my way home it started cutting out as soon as I started making boost. It even died 3 times as I was limping home. What could it be.

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
Vaccum or electic wiring.

Put a grommet in the hole you go through the firewall with. Or something protecting your wiring. Faulty greddy porfec b wiring is what started my fire.....

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
Sounds like you might have made a boost leak check all your pipes and also make sure you hooked the profec up right like these guys are saying.

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
supramk3man;1113705 said:
Sounds like you might have made a boost leak check all your pipes and also make sure you hooked the profec up right like these guys are saying.

Good call on the boost leak. Recheck all the vaccum lines...egr ones especaially. Egrs not operating right love to mess with idle. And check all your pipping. Let us know.