just curious...

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
Well I had the head off and put the new head on. I made a huge mistake (i think). Look at the picture below, look to the far right where you are supposed to put the FIPG or sealer in those two places. I ended up covering the hole when I put the headgasket on because I put to much sealer on. I didn't even notice till I started looking at my pictures and noticed the "F" up. Am i gonna have to pull the head off and scrape that crap off? Im sure I will have to but im just hoping not. Oh and this is not the picture in question, that picture is still in my camera so i just used this one to point out what i mean. Help me with my stupid question please!:1zhelp:

Attachments

• Supra 033.jpg
    Supra 033.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
supramk3speed;1481250 said:
Well I had the head off and put the new head on. I made a huge mistake (i think). Look at the picture below, look to the far right where you are supposed to put the FIPG or sealer in those two places. I ended up covering the hole when I put the headgasket on because I put to much sealer on. I didn't even notice till I started looking at my pictures and noticed the "F" up. Am i gonna have to pull the head off and scrape that crap off? Im sure I will have to but im just hoping not. Oh and this is not the picture in question, that picture is still in my camera so i just used this one to point out what i mean. Help me with my stupid question please!:1zhelp:

if i was in your position i would just open it back up and make sure its done right. rather take the time doin it this time then waiting till something bad happens

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
SupraSean;1481566 said:
whew baby and while your at it scrape some of that carbon deposit off ,,,haha

Maybe! J/K. Already cleaned it all up. I figured it was something to do with the oil, just wanted to make sure. Thanks, now back to un-torqueing those head bolts! Woo!