Just checked for codes

Skam9685

1992 Honda Prelude SI
Jun 22, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida, United States
Well I just did my first check for engine error codes on the supra. 3rd gear is really dragging ass to get to the next gear so I know something is up.

Well I used the paper clip and bridged TE1 and E1 of the Diagnosis thingy. Started the car and I got 5 blinks, pause, 1 blink. So thats code 51. Code 51 states as follows.

Diagnosis
No "IDL" signal, "NSW" signal or "A/C" signal to ECU, during diagnosis check.

Trouble Area
A/C switch circuit
A/C switch
A/C amplifier
Throttle position sensor circuit
Throttle position sensor
ECU

I went ahead and checked for tranny codes. I bridged E1 and TT, turned the key to on position and made sure the overdrive button was on. I didn't get any codes just a continous blink.So I'm assuming my transmissions is fine from what this tells me.

Is it safe to say that the TPS sensor, circuit and or ecu are causing the problem? I'm pretty sure my A/C is fine because it is running.

Forgive me if I'm asking a dumb question. I'm still learning.

Skam9685

1992 Honda Prelude SI
Jun 22, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida, United States
"You may see a high idle because the ECU won't know when to turn on the ISC system and there may be slight hesitation when accelerating but the engine will otherwise run pretty well."

I'm assuming this is what it boils down to because I do have a high idle sometimes and it is hesitating to get out of 3rd.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it more.