Just came back from toyota service

tonysupra

Supramania Contributor
Dec 3, 2005
CT
My boost gauge and injector clips just came in yesturday after a month wait. A year of buying mods and I thought I was finally able to install them but it turns out I have to wait longer.

My oil change from toyota(yes i am lazy and it's HOT outside) told me I need all new tires, all new brakes, and the three belts. I knew the brakes were going bad, but I guess i have to change them sooner than I thought. And each tire has a nail in it. LOL.

The tech there told me the supra had a crack somewhere but my ADHD self didn't have the attention span long enough to realize what he said. I kept looking at how sweaty he was. lol.

Damn money guzzler!

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
just pull the nails and patch the tires as long as they arent in the sidewall and you still have pleanty of tread.

you can probobly get all three done in one shot at a good mechanic.

tonysupra

Supramania Contributor
Dec 3, 2005
CT
robbo185 said:
just pull the nails and patch the tires as long as they arent in the sidewall and you still have pleanty of tread.

you can probobly get all three done in one shot at a good mechanic.

Tread....yeah about that. lol. They need replacing though. But I guess I can finally put on my new 5 spoke rims and replace the sawblades.

tonysupra

Supramania Contributor
Dec 3, 2005
CT
They just said brakes, so i'm hoping it's just the brake pads. They gave me an estimate of the brakes with install of $215.95 for each front and rear pair. So I think it would cost a whole lot more for the whole thing.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
tonysupra said:
The tech there told me the supra had a crack somewhere but my ADHD self didn't have the attention span long enough to realize what he said. I kept looking at how sweaty he was.

did this make you hawt? :gaybar:

mmmmm....crack!

LOL, sorry man j/k

tonysupra

Supramania Contributor
Dec 3, 2005
CT
Johnathan: The oil change only cost me $11. I couldn't get the old filter out and it was like 96 degrees outside with 80% humidity. I supplied the oil and a user-friendly filter tho. Classy? I don't get it.

TaSe: Of course i'm gonna get my stuff elsewhere. I just got the oil change because it's cheap. I'll put the brakes on, but i'm not sure if i could tackle the belts.

mkIIIman: Why thanks, mine runs pretty damn good and looks pretty damn mint. :dunno: