Just bought 88 7m-Gte

ToyotaSupra

Shawn
Dec 12, 2009
Fond du Lac
ok so i picked up an 88 7m-gte This was the ad.

1988 TOYOTA SUPRA TURBO, AUTOMATIC , SPORT ROOF, APPROX 74K MILES , 7MGTE , ARP HEAD STUDS, HKS METAL HEAD GASKET, TWIN ELECTRIC COOLING FANS W/ CONTROLLER, CX RACING T61 TURBO UPGRADE, 2.5" INTERCOOLER HARD PIPE, AFTERMARKET BOV TO ATMOSPHERE, LEXUS AFM, ADJUSTABLE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR, CUSTOM BRAIDED OIL LINES TO TURBO, CX RACING FULL THROUGH RACE ELBOW, CX RACING 3" DOWNPIPE, HKS BOOST CONTROLLER, WILL COME WITH 16" 1990 SUPRA 5 SPOKE WHEELS, POLISHED , BUT PAINTED BLACK, 89+ SPOILER WITH LED , ALSO HAVE 88 SPOILER, BRAND NEW FRONT PADS AND ROTORS INSTALLED , HAVE BRAND NEW REAR PADS AND ROTORS, TEMS ELECTRONIC SUSPENSION, REMOTE START WITH FACTORY ALARM, MANY MODS, N/A CAMS

The radiator is plugged up he thinks, and he took out the thermostat and put it back in without the spring or anything, so its just a hole, it bubbles out of the radiator kinda looks like bubbles in a sprite bottle, it passed the block test so im gonna replace radiator, the turbo upgrade t61 i dont think is hooked up right, the hks boost controller isnt hooked up, theres hoses coming off the turbo that do not go anywhere, ill post pics and i got a couple questions more, i think its running off the computer boost when i push pedal down all the way it revs wayyyyy up, then the boost gauge goes up and i can hear a knock, (another reason i think the head gasket is blown), so im gonna put a rad and a thermo in it and update yall, 2 tired to post pics atm

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

hks boost valve controller vf 1495 is in it aswell, i dont think its hooked up the right way if anyone knows a website with diagrams or can explain how to hook it up, theres 2 tubes coming off the turbo that just hang there, they are supposed to go to the controller but i dont know the order,,,,,, oh and the oil pan leaks, JB weld? or i have a replacement pan but which would be easier

Supra87T

2-Tone BLUE
Feb 23, 2006
Cincinnati, OH
ToyotaSupra;1586928 said:
[/COLOR]oh and the oil pan leaks, JB weld? or i have a replacement pan but which would be easier

Umm.. don't use JB weld to fix your oil pan leak. Pull it off and fix it correctly. Use Toyota FIPG.