Just blew my HG on my JDM motor. RATS!

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Don't blame the motor!

JDM motor as one of those USED motors? Did you inspect it? Did you take clearance measurements?

You installed FMIC. What about fuel pump? Fuel Injectors? Piggy back? EGR not there but what ECU did you use (US?)

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
A motor is battery powered. An engine is gasoline powered. Sorry, its a pet peeve of mine. Welcome to SM. :icon_bigg

rayall01

Oct 10, 2008
Westfield, ma
I'm not blaming my motor, I'm just saying. I've been driving with that (ENGINE), for over three years. I just decided to replace my ragged stock intercooler, with a new big setup, in preparation for more upgrades. Now, as I have no job, and consequently, no money, I can't afford to do the work on it, so I also have no transportation right now to find a job with. When I got the motor, I retorqued the head, but was unable to do a teardown, and replace the HG, because I needed to get the car back on the road asap! :cry:

rayall01

Oct 10, 2008
Westfield, ma
Dunckel;1155466 said:
A motor is battery powered. An engine is gasoline powered. Sorry, its a pet peeve of mine. Welcome to SM. :icon_bigg

Thanks for the welcome. My pet peeve is guys who say you must use engine to describe a vehicle powerplant. If what you say is true, then why don't they call motorcycles, enginecycles? And why doesn't Ford call there parts company Enginecraft, instead of Motorcraft? A word's meaning can grow to encompass more than just it's original definition. As in a game engine for video games. I don't think they run on gas, do you? I'm not bitching, just trying to broaden your horizons.:icon_bigg