My VPC/AFC combo will be for sale when this gets installed

Thanks CKanderson

Last edited:

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Valley Stream, New York, United States
Orion ZyGarian;989559 said:
Sooo delicious..let me know how replacing the engine harness goes, as I'd very much like to do the same. How much was the harness? I'm afraid to ask how much AEM was too :p

Replacing the harness shouldn't be too hard as I helped my cousin with his. I'm not sure if I'll have time to do it myself (busy working). I'm gonna get my AEM guy to install it for me. The engine harness was just about or close to $400 from Jeff Watson. The AEM was purchased from CKanderson, price is listed in his thread

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Congrats, welcome to seing your 7M running like it has never before. Are you changing/upgrading anything else during that install (fuel etc) it would be nice to get an before AEM after AEM dyno run so people could see how much extra hp can be gained by just switching from a vpc and going with a standalone (tuned the right way off course):biglaugh:

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
turbogate;989596 said:
Congrats, welcome to seing your 7M running like it has never before. Are you changing/upgrading anything else during that install (fuel etc) it would be nice to get an before AEM after AEM dyno run so people could see how much extra hp can be gained by just switching from a vpc and going with a standalone (tuned the right way off course):biglaugh:

Everything stays the same in the car, just adding these goodies. My fuel system (660cc inj, 1000A Ext pump) should be enough for my little SP63. I'm curious to see what the difference is, oh yea...

FFI's do make a difference......they cause boost leaks and confuse the VPC or is it ECU? My fault, I should've reset my ECU before dynoing...doh

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
Boosted Supra;989605 said:
None actually, VPC treated me good for a very long time. There's nothing wrong with my VPC, it's just that you can only do so much with it.

I agree, both parts.

I'll be watching your progress with the AEM, and if you have no hardware failures with it... I'll be heading the same route most likely.
:)

RTA Supra

MA70 Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2005
Tampa, FL
loved my VPC. Eventually went to MAP-ECU and quickly returned to HKS for the VPC. This time around will be AEM like you and so many others.

400'ish is less than I thought the wire harness would go for. Good to know!

Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
Congrats on the purchase Manny. I'll be keeping an eye on progress / status / performance accomplishments.
FYI, my AEM EMS have been in the closet for the last 3yrs waiting for to free up time to readdress the Supe rebuild. So, I'll be using you as inspiration etc.. Good luck bud..

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
BlackDevilSupra;990333 said:
Congrats on the purchase Manny. I'll be keeping an eye on progress / status / performance accomplishments.
FYI, my AEM EMS have been in the closet for the last 3yrs waiting for to free up time to readdress the Supe rebuild. So, I'll be using you as inspiration etc.. Good luck bud..

I'll definitely keep you posted