Just another 2j swapped 1989 supra

allen600

Aug 6, 2010
oakdale
Well my car started its life as a non turbo manual but then I swapped a 7mgte and r154 into it and then built that and now I have 2j fever so I bought a 2jzgte with vvti did a full factory rebuild with arp head studs and went single turbo, it's just an xs power manifold, Garrett t67, synapse synchronic bov, and a tial MVR waste gate also I picked up Greddy new baffled catch can, I got a competition flywheel and a act 6 puck clutch

Went from this
image.jpg

To this
image.jpg

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
cleannn, I'm in need to post up pictures of my ttr build but my 1jz's starting to look lame to all these other build threads lol

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Very clean on both setups pictured! I recently thought about putting together a JZ motor on a stand and building the bottom end with some forged internals and arp fasteners that way if/when the 7M dies or I finish the JZ I'd have something kinda silly to swap into the car.

Can't wait to see more of your build!

allen600

Aug 6, 2010
oakdale
progress update!

t67 ended up being blown so now I'm in the process of putting in a pte 6766, i have relocated my battery to the trunk with a kill switch for the track as well as ordered my pro efi 128, i want to get the turbo on and then i think I'm going to order the 3" stainless catback from drift motion and have a new down pipe made to mount to that, the old one wasn't the greatest and i bent it backing out of the drive way.. i have also raised the car up a little to avoid that issue in the future. once i get the car back on the road i think I'm going to be sending my trans to jacks to have it built as their stage three, once thats done i will have it tuned on the pro efi with just some mk4 550's for the time being so i can get use to the power increase, once thats all ironed out i will get it tuned on e85 shooting for mid to high 600 for one fun street car.