Juntao 5m swap to mk3 first I have heard of

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
er well thumbs up to you push for trying something new, its bout time that someone did something rather than just swap another 7m in or a 1j or 2j swap. i give you props for trying and showing that you are willing to do it even if it is for fun. i'd do it to if it was a free engine. get some more pictures posted up and a video that you promised of it running. also dont take crap from anyone, its your car and even though this might look to be a wrong direction its the one you are willing to give a chance. do what you want to it and see how it works, and in the end it will always become an experience and you can say i have done this... so does this mean it would be a bad idea to replace my 305 to a 7mgte in my 79 camaro? what now its my car i do what i want, and i will be the first to do it.

TurboThom

Sep 13, 2009
Wisconsin
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Good news, everyone!

I'm headed down to Push's place today to pick up a Cressida...and I've got some Purple Power degreaser stashed in the trunk. If we've got the extra time, I'll get that dirty ol' 5m cleaned up....at least a little bit.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
mattsplat72;1411755 said:
I wonder if Smokey Nagata got this much shit when he build a 700+ 3sgte for one of his MK4's?

Probably not. i always thought they went with the 3s to get a near perfect weight distribution. besides, its Top Secret's and its making 700 horsepower :D

Push

Cressida
Aug 28, 2005
Naperville, IL
In the risk of being banned, I have started to clean the engine... Yes there is no more oil on the engine, cause we all know that would cause bhg and epic failure. I been busy sick/school/work/birthday/working on Tom's new 5m... List goes on... I promise I will post more updates, please keep the negative comments coming. I love them! :)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Push;1413385 said:
In the risk of being banned, I have started to clean the engine... Yes there is no more oil on the engine, cause we all know that would cause bhg and epic failure. I been busy sick/school/work/birthday/working on Tom's new 5m... List goes on... I promise I will post more updates, please keep the negative comments coming. I love them! :)

Why would you be banned?

Your buddy stepped over the line of what's acceptable behaviour here and got a short break from SM, you guys all know the rules don't break em and there won't be a problem.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
IJ.;1414199 said:
Cleaner ;)

From a purely asthetic viewpoint I think the angled cam covers look better than the 7M ones! (reminds me of the Jag engines)

I always thought the exact same thing. I never said this before but purely for the aesthetics I thought about putting a 6M in my Supra, but with twin turbos and a custom intake maifold with ribbing to match the valve covers, and a centre cover to go between the valve covers, sort of like the RB-26.

Maybe that would have to be saved for an MA-61 some day

AChan

Oct 24, 2008
Chicago
Major props for originality! I have faith in it. And besides, the fastest track Supras in the world are powered by 4 cylinders.

26823446_6b585ab66d.jpg

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
miekedmr;1408236 said:
might as well go all out and drop in a nice carbed 20R.

18RG!!!:biglaugh:

Tanya;1411031 said:
ORLY? And how many 5Ms have you owned to declare this a fact?

M series engine is basically the same all across the board. The 5M and early model 7M blocks are cast VERY similar, they are basically the SAME. The late model 5M crank even uses the SAME bearings as the 7M. The only real difference is the head.

Both the 5M and 7M's head bolts were undertorqued greatly from the factory. Ugh, I hate that you guys are turning me into a 7M supporter, it makes me feel kinda ill inside....

If it makes you feel better think of your self as someone correcting mis information rather then standing up for the 7m. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Cool idea guys!