Junkyard diving!!

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
My local junkyard has 2 MK3's in it!! One is a pre 89 turbo with nothing left, only thing left is the oil cooler, didn't bother to look at the door plate. One is an auto 86.5 drivetrain intact. The 86.5 has 89+ everything. The tails are missing but the center moulding is intact. With the price of the rear center moulding as high as it is from the dealer, should I go back and grab it?

I fixed my broken into drivers side window with new stops, stabilizers and nylon washers. Also grabbed the regulator, 89+ windshield washers, GE thermostat housing, rear side marker, all for $30.

Adjusting the glass wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
Frank Rizzo;958143 said:
My local junkyard has 2 MK3's in it!! One is a pre 89 turbo with nothing left, only thing left is the oil cooler, didn't bother to look at the door plate. One is an auto 86.5 drivetrain intact. The 86.5 has 89+ everything. The tails are missing but the center moulding is intact. With the price of the rear center moulding as high as it is from the dealer, should I go back and grab it?

I fixed my broken into drivers side window with new stops, stabilizers and nylon washers. Also grabbed the regulator, 89+ windshield washers, GE thermostat housing, rear side marker, all for $30.

Adjusting the glass wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

Hahaha frnk your not talkiing about chuck and eddies are you! They used to have four I got my eibachs from them. I raped those two that are there for parts like a month ago! That pick and pull is the shit you can get som many useful part cheap as shit! I'm sorry for beating ya there buddy!

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
!!!!

That red one with supra on the windshield, it was there last year, and I pulled off the rear hatch moulding. It was parked in the customer parking lot but had "empire supra" written on it. That's the 86.5. Now it's in the yard with the black raped one.

LilMiss- Yeah, that's why I keep going back. 3 days in a row. The guys must think I'm a sicko. But with the price of parts from the dealer, I'm going to go back and pull the CSI, time switch, and some other stuff I haven't thought of yet!!!

And I know the CSI and other stuff is not interchangeable, I'm just getting this stuff to start my for sale thread.

The1

Too poor to be here..:(
May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
We have a 1 MK2 and 1 MK3 (pre 89) at the pull a part in Montgomery. Hey Frank, what was the color of the 86.5 and was the trim 89+ too? :naughty:

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
It is dark red/maroon. The trim I didn't really pay attention to, it was grey.

And it's just really nice, because this Chuck and Eddie's is down the street from me.

I also noticed about 85% of the people wondering around, have no tools. I'm like, WTF are you doing here? They come up to me, "Hey you got a screwdriver?"

626na

Banned
Jan 15, 2008
cali
Big Wang Bandit;958163 said:
LOL, my junkyards are full of them.

Once i was on my way and was hoping there was a blue one, what was on the truck in front of me? a blue mk3.

where at?

xXSupramanXx

Drifter
Mar 12, 2008
Dayton
I havent seen an MKIII in a junkyard for some time now. I wish i could find one tho cuz i would like to get a stock wing or 89 turbo harness

Ish

SM Pimp
Apr 5, 2005
Socal
There's always atleast 2 in every Junkyard I go to around here. I've seen about 8 in just one junkyard once.

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
Frank Rizzo;958194 said:
It is dark red/maroon. The trim I didn't really pay attention to, it was grey.

And it's just really nice, because this Chuck and Eddie's is down the street from me.

I also noticed about 85% of the people wondering around, have no tools. I'm like, WTF are you doing here? They come up to me, "Hey you got a screwdriver?"

Terryvilles a negitive they have a pre 89 gray. But they will not part out it jeff (the owner) wants to sell the car whole. Chuck and eddies last time I checked was a bust but that was like a year ago. Let me know!

AW11inVa

Nov 15, 2007
Broadway Va
I have only found 2 yards near where I live. Each has 1 Supra one is an ugly brown '86 that is a complete car and another yard just up the road from me has a blue one as well. I have not gotten anything off them since they are the wrong color for me. The yard with the blue one is usually pricey on thier stuff.

MadNad

Jan 25, 2008
Lafayatee, CA
Big Wang Bandit;958163 said:
LOL, my junkyards are full of them.

Once i was on my way and was hoping there was a blue one, what was on the truck in front of me? a blue mk3.

Hey what junkyards specifically? I just might have to make a run :)

gelboy1015

Vroom Vroom!
Jan 1, 2007
Houston, TX
just went to mine today and picked up a set of 89+ mirrors, misc interior plastic, a perfect condition steering wheel and wiper/signal switch and some other stuff.