Jt61gt questions

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
The JT61GT Turbo is the first in the GT series of turbos offered by Hybrid Motorsports. This uses the 61mm GT35R compressor wheel stuffed into a T04E housing with a 3" inlet 2.25" outlet. This is designed for those that want to make 425rwhp to 475rwhp on 93 octane unleaded gasoline:

I'm looking into getting a jt61gt from notrice and I'm just wondering if "cramming" a 61mm gt35 comp wheel is going to cause surging in a to4e housing? Does this not have he same effect as the bigger wheels in the ct upgrades?

And I'm pretty sure this turbo will bolt up to my bic ddp but I just thought I'd get a second opinion for confirmation.

Also does anyone else think this would be a good turbo for making ~440whp with pump gas boost ~ 16psi? Making peak boost (hopefuly) ~3500rpms?

^^ the above are my goals, I hope to do this with a turbo that won't require needing a new downpipe for about $1,500 (if anyone has any better suggestions that is)

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
turbo87targa;1375705 said:
The JT61GT Turbo is the first in the GT series of turbos offered by Hybrid Motorsports. This uses the 61mm GT35R compressor wheel stuffed into a T04E housing with a 3" inlet 2.25" outlet. This is designed for those that want to make 425rwhp to 475rwhp on 93 octane unleaded gasoline:

I'm looking into getting a jt61gt from notrice and I'm just wondering if "cramming" a 61mm gt35 comp wheel is going to cause surging in a to4e housing? Does this not have he same effect as the bigger wheels in the ct upgrades?

And I'm pretty sure this turbo will bolt up to my bic ddp but I just thought I'd get a second opinion for confirmation.

Also does anyone else think this would be a good turbo for making ~440whp with pump gas boost ~ 16psi? Making peak boost (hopefuly) ~3500rpms?

^^ the above are my goals, I hope to do this with a turbo that won't require needing a new downpipe for about $1,500 (if anyone has any better suggestions that is)
Which bic ddp do you have? BIC makes a ddp specific for the sp series bolt ons and stock ct's. The wastegate port on the sp series bolt on are larger than the standard bic ddp will allow for. Keep that in mind if you have the standard bic ddp. The sp bolt on bic ddp should work with boss series turbo, but im not 100% and i dont know of any one that has that combo. I didnt go that route as i was worried it might not work. Maybe somebody that has the bic sp ddp and a lipp boss/jt series turbo can chime in if that they have that combo to confirm that it works.

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
Hmm thats what I feared, my bic ddp IS the standard ct version and I don't really have the money to get another ddp (the hassel of selling my current and having no downpipe after it's sold, if it sells...)I was looking for a turbo to make ~450whp without having to change manifolds/downpipes...but if I'm going to need all that I guess my best bet is just going with the DM t4 kit... Although I don't need the power of a T4 lol it'll just be more badass than I intended lol.

*edit* I just remembered my other question, it says JT uses the BOSS series exhaust side and I was under the impression that the boss exhaust housing was made to work with anything that fit the ct? So the standard bic should work?

Last edited:

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
What about cutting the CT flange off and welding on a flange that would fit the JT? Less expensive than buying a whole new down pipe

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
The regular BIC DDP will NOT fit thwe BOSS or JT bolt on turbos, it is designed to fit in the stock CT26 housing only. The turbine housings are quite different in the area where the divider plate sits, so it will not seal, there will be about a 1/8" gap around the plate which will make an awfull exhaust leak. The only BIC downpipe the will work with any bolt on turbo is the standard big mouth DP, as there is no divider plate to seal inside the housing, so if it has a 4 bolt CT outlet flange bolt pattern on it the big mouth DP will fit.

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
We've cut the divider plate out of a BIC dowpipe and used it on the JT61GT. It has a .81 exhaust housing so it dosn't have surging problems.

Feel free to send me a PM with your phone number and I'll call you and you can ask any questions you want.

Jeff