Join our AEM fun! (Questions here, answers appreciated)

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
yea i just need a replacement for my aem truboost. im not planning on turning up the boost anytime soon. Want it everything to be set and perfect before i do so.

simpsons7s

Its pronounced Nu-clear..
Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
Doward;1157854 said:
Personally, i set it at 10.07, and adjusted the CPS until we read 10 on the timing light.

I did it that way as well. I was having trouble doing it other ways.

P.S. when your done with that comb send it my way:icon_bigg

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
empera;1157856 said:
ah, could i possible see ur map? and get a list of mods?

I can send you a map when we get some tuning on it.

62-1
FFIM
750cc
TRD cams
Slight head porting

How did I miss out on this thread so long! Thanks for all the replies, and John for figuring the AEM out for me, there's no way I could've set this up.

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
Regarding the injector wizard and battery offset, it is quite simple to make your own battery offset compensation table if your injectors aren't listed in the AEM wizard. Just vary battery voltage with the car running and watch and correct the A:F as nessicary. Of course, you need to have an otherwise stable A:F first.

My experience with impedance mismatch on AEM is similar to Mr. Reed's. No smoke but it runs like ass.

The AEM will switch from the cranking tables to the main tables depending on where you have the crank exit RPM set.

I think thier software and interface is vastly superior to nearly anything else available and I've tried most.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Referring back to the boost solenoid, you can use a GM boost solenoid, GM Part # 1997152, and pigtails for the solenoid is GM Part # 12102747. It looks 10 times better then the big blue MAC valve that AEM uses, lower cost (less then $35 for both from rockauto) and works just as good.:)

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
7Mboost;1160200 said:
I can send you a map when we get some tuning on it.

62-1
FFIM
750cc
TRD cams
Slight head porting

How did I miss out on this thread so long! Thanks for all the replies, and John for figuring the AEM out for me, there's no way I could've set this up.

Ha, wait till this weekend. Hopefully, all of these little leaks will be taken care of. You should post pics of the boost leak tester we built, too ;)

*edit*

Also, I was thinking Jeff - We should run the ISC solenoid tube back up in front of the throttle body. I know it will be a pain in the ass, but you're going to have a boost leak there if we just stick a filter on it!

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
i'm still getting a miss on cruising...might be cause im 5* off but i will try to correct that thursday or friday before etown.

7mboost let me know wen u have a map ready, i just want to compare some small stuff.

thanks.

92nsx;1160403 said:
Referring back to the boost solenoid, you can use a GM boost solenoid, GM Part # 1997152, and pigtails for the solenoid is GM Part # 12102747. It looks 10 times better then the big blue MAC valve that AEM uses, lower cost (less then $35 for both from rockauto) and works just as good.:)

i actually do have that also, i was just debating on whether to use it not. wanted to have quicker control over boost, but the gm solenoid might be a better idea since i can have 2 settings.

Does anyone have a simple diagram of how to connect the the vac. lines on the gm solenoid, including which port goes where?

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Doward;1160411 said:
Also, I was thinking Jeff - We should run the ISC solenoid tube back up in front of the throttle body. I know it will be a pain in the ass, but you're going to have a boost leak there if we just stick a filter on it!

ISC has a valve on it, seals off when the manifold enters boost.

Doward;1157854 said:
Personally, i set it at 10.07, and adjusted the CPS until we read 10 on the timing light.

make sure to check the timing at higher rpm though as well. My timing would sway 3-4* on my celica. Adjusted it per the manual and stayed solid throughout the rpm range.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
tissimo;1160813 said:
ISC has a valve on it, seals off when the manifold enters boost.

make sure to check the timing at higher rpm though as well. My timing would sway 3-4* on my celica. Adjusted it per the manual and stayed solid throughout the rpm range.

Good call, I didn't mention that.

Jeff has a FFIM - and it doesn't have any placement for the stock ISC one-way valve, nor the little filter under there. Therefore, closed loop is the best way to go ;)

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
ok another question for those using the gm boost solenoid, which ports go where
TiAL.jpg

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Doward;1160844 said:
Good call, I didn't mention that.

Jeff has a FFIM - and it doesn't have any placement for the stock ISC one-way valve, nor the little filter under there. Therefore, closed loop is the best way to go ;)

Can do! Sold the Legend today, maybe I'll even order hood struts :) lmfao!

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
got the timing down. looks good didnt sway much.
i wanna hook up the gm solenoid but i wanna make sure im plumbing it correctly.
Here's how im going to do it. Please let me know if this is correct.
p1161890_1.jpg