Jo3f1sh's semi-build...

supra_driven

Jun 3, 2005
dfw
wow. I remember when my buddy marvin sill had this rare beauty. I tried to convince him to keep it, but i guess he needed the money. I'm glad it went to you though. Nice paint job too.

-felix

Jo3f1sh

Noob
Jul 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
Got quoted $354 for a new crank seal...insane. Looks like i'll be swapping motors sooner than i thought.

I REALLY want to convert to a 2JZ motor, but i had planned on that farther in the future...I might have to bite the bullet and do one of 2 things...

1. Rebuild or swap another 7M...which i REALLY don't want to do.
2. 1JZ swap...which i also don't really want to do.

All i can hope is that this oil leak doesn't get any worse and just add a half a quart every couple of days....

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
:love: Wow! Your car looks sweeett.....You made the right choice painting it black, it's the BEST color for a MKIII IMO, that teal was just....ughhh :barf: Regardless of how rear it is

Jo3f1sh

Noob
Jul 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
OH YEAH...we've got rod knock. Cylinder #1. New short block anyone? Don't see a 1 or 2J in my future anytime soon. :3d_frown:

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
Congrats on being in my top 3 list of Sexiest MKIII supra i have EVER seen

that thing is simply gorgeous man.

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Jo3f1sh said:
Sweet! Thanks!

Just found out it's got a leaky crank seal...wonder if that's my low idle oil pressure issue...

Sounds like the perfect excuse to go 2J. All that car needs is a jz and it will be a 10. Great work. I cant believe the bay turned out as nice as it did without pulling the engine.

Chris

Last edited:

Jo3f1sh

Noob
Jul 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
I too was quite impressed. There's a few areas on the firewall that i need to touch up, but shouldn't be too hard.

Lately i've toyed with the idea of just going 2JZ-GE-T for now...i just can't stand the distributor sticking out of the head...anyone know if there's there a coil pack conversion for it?

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
I'd just go GTE from the get go. you wont regret it man. And in a car that beautiful it deserves only the best!

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
Jo3f1sh said:
I too was quite impressed. There's a few areas on the firewall that i need to touch up, but shouldn't be too hard.

Lately i've toyed with the idea of just going 2JZ-GE-T for now...i just can't stand the distributor sticking out of the head...anyone know if there's there a coil pack conversion for it?

ya, run the 7M electronics on the 2JZ-GE, check out the other engine forum, a few threads on there have info on doing that

91GTE

Supra Owner
Mar 31, 2006
Massachusetts
p887884_1.jpg

Can you take better pic of how you routed your stock bypass valve or explain it? where is the other end connected to?