Jimi's build update

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
IHI-RHC7 said:
Jimi, I think you should lift it just a tad. ;)

Yep she does real good mud'n :biglaugh:

MK3Brent said:
Is that a faucet on your coolant feed line to the turbo?
What's that all about?

From the OG post:
jimi87-t said:
Two air bleeding spots were implemented to help get all the air out. One is a "system flush" adapter installed on the hose leading to the heater core valve. The second is located at the turbo coolant line, it is a 3 way adapter ( barb end + barb end + NPT) On the NPT, a petcock was installed. So all the high points of the system can be "burped".

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Kurt, Yes the vents, (I have my flame suit on :biglaugh: ) I will get some better pics for ya tomorrow. Once the car is done they should fit in. I was trying to come up with ways to get the heat out from under the hood, this was one idea. I molded them out of fiberglass.

daledoe: Thanks.

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Alright, good cause I was getting hot in that thing.

Here are some close ups, yes, she is dirty and dusty, deal with it:biglaugh:

p157753_1.jpg

p157753_2.jpg

p157753_3.jpg

p157753_4.jpg

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Here is the "concept" chop I did back in 2002, shortly after is when I made them, yep, these are not new to me. Sorry for whoevers car the OG is that I did the chop to, but then again it was back in 2002 so I don't even remember whos car the OG pic is from. But I did the basic chop to it: tint, rims, extended the sides down, and of course the vent.
BTW, I have many other concepts for a side vent, but decided I liked this one, so I went with it.
p157782_1.jpg

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
good to meet you tonight jimi

and man that motor is spotless dude, i was pissing myself off cuz i didnt want to look at it anymore (you know why) but i couldnt help myself

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
VID

Ok this vid is not all that great, but it is a vid :icon_razz This was when she still only had about 20 miles on her, revs were below 3k, and still getting use to the very sensitive throttle.

Last edited:

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
Damn you smoked that van at the end:biglaugh: Your making me extremely jealous right now, as it is sunny and 55 degrees and I have no supra to drive :cry: Sounds pretty good especially without that knocking! Vent looks good too. :icon_bigg When are you painting the car?