Jesus offered his universal message of love to all of society’s outcasts.

Who

Supramania Contributor
Mathews 7:1-4

John 8: 1-11

The church has the duty and calling to teach and guide its congregation about the acts of sin and forgiveness. The church has no powers of forgiveness therefore it has no authority to call out "you the person" who has sinned. Jesus forgives "you the person" of the sin. No man on this earth can give you forgiveness (in the Biblical sense). That is a private and personal mater between you and God.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
foreverpsycotic;1207040 said:
BTW, that church is fucked. Nothing catholic or christian about it. Just seems like some morons that follow every word in the bible. They probably believe Genesis to be true.

Following every word in the Bible is not "moronic," it's taking them out of context or twisting them that is.

They mention Matthew 18:17, so let's look at that passage (they're words of Jesus mind you, so it makes me even more pissed off they're twisting his words):

"And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector."

By going off of one passage, it would kinda make sense wouldn't it? But it's because it lacks context. I don't feel like typing that much, but it's about forgiveness of a sin against you, not about punishment.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
foreverpsycotic;1207040 said:
Her "sin" is her sexual relationship with a man that she is not married to. Would you like it if your kids heard from your priest that you were a slut, sleeping around unmarried? Because that is how the church is going to put it, they wont just announce it like you have been with this person for a while, they will make you out to be a dirty whore.

I personally wouldn't want my children (that don't exist) to hear that. Maybe it is just me.

Well, since she isn't part of that church anymore, why would her children be anywhere near the priest?

mazzer

Banned
May 3, 2005
st.louis,mo
zambini;1206925 said:
woo!

you mean a place for those who are awake to this existence as they experience it (observation through our 5 senses)?

:D

best post in the thread.

johnathan1;1206963 said:
Why does she care if they announce her "sins"? What difference will it make, anyway? I would just leave and not look back.

because the church putting salt in her game. blabbin

she would have been better off joining a circus rather than a church. at least then she would have a chance of coming out with something in the end . be it a midget , or some cash. better then false-hope and fairy tales

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
D34DC311;1206800 said:
Religion is man made, therefore it is the root of all evil.

No...Girls are...

attachment.php

Attachments

• girls are root of evil.jpg
    girls are root of evil.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 25

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
For all of you that are quoting the bible and jesus.... There is forgiveness for all. Oh yeah, there is also the part about go and sin no more.... For those that have decided to "believe" something else. Not a problem with me.

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
Being in the Bible belt I take a lot of grief for not going to church every Sunday. What got me was the hypocrisy. I got so tired of it I stopped attending. When people ask me what denomination I am I tell them that I'm a free thinking Christian who is not afraid of going outside the Christian teachings to come to a better understanding of my chosen beliefs. And I'm not afraid to ask questions. What really opened my eyes and sent my beliefs spinning was when I started to read the scriptures that did not make it into the Bible at the Nicene Convention.

For those who don't know about The Nicene Convention. At the convention the church leaders took the scriptures that were being used by the different sects of Christianity and made them into the Bible. Basically a standardization of the Christian belief. Unfortunately the leaders also omitted parts, altered, and/or combined scriptures to fit into what the church wanted. And what the Church wanted was one common belief.