Jeff's Supra vs Manhole (Manhole wins - pics inside)

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
dumbo;1282541 said:
Yet no one wants to pay taxes...

No, we just want to see our taxes do something other than line City Hall's pockets.

There's a difference between not wanting to pay excessive taxes, and wanting to see your taxes directly at work for you.

I pay taxes on the roads, therefore I expect the roads to be in decent shape.

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Doward;1282559 said:
No, we just want to see our taxes do something other than line City Hall's pockets.

There's a difference between not wanting to pay excessive taxes, and wanting to see your taxes directly at work for you.

I pay taxes on the roads, therefore I expect the roads to be in decent shape.

Exactly!

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
They doubled the wheel taxes here in Memphis for "road repair" and guess what? The roads conditions have become worse not better. Yet more proof more taxes =/= better services.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
ms07s;1282667 said:
They doubled the wheel taxes here in Memphis for "road repair" and guess what? The roads conditions have become worse not better. Yet more proof more taxes =/= better services.

You should look more closely at your equation.

It should read:

Yet more proof that the government can't fix anything even with more money thrown at the problem.

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
I say go for it Bro. Here in Cali I80 is horrible and has been for quite sometime now. They Just started repaving it finalyy in my area last year. It was horrid even going 55MPH with any car. Had a buddy's supra undercover ripped of at 140 by a pothole. Mine personally had an old downpipe crushed and ripped open. Its not cool at all but the city will pay for it as long as your car meets there"minimum" height requirments. They bought me my nice new HKS DP with a flex section:icon_bigg. Just stick it to them and you might actually open there eyes to the poor road conditions. Or try a petition in the neighborhood to show how many people are fed up with it. just my .02....

FranklinWaters

Lurker, with BIG PLANS!
Mar 1, 2008
Louisville, KY
Man, sounds like I am lucky. Manholes are level and roads have been repaved every so often. The only problem is sometimes bad potholes pop up but are taken care within 3 days most of the time. Hope everything works out for you.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
Doward;1282683 said:
You should look more closely at your equation.

It should read:

Yet more proof that the government can't fix anything even with more money thrown at the problem.

I think he was going for the Equal sign with the cross through it, meaning it does not equal.

What was the verdict? When does the new city paid exhaust arrive?:biglaugh:

CordiaDOHC

Jan 14, 2009
St.louis
Here in mo usually if you hit a pot hole and it takes out a wheel. When you report it and tell them the location etc etc you get the money for repairs!