Interior:
new dash
pioneer speakers
stripped the rear end and removed sound deadening material

p1633296_2.jpg

p1633296_3.jpg

p1633296_4.jpg

p1633296_5.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

I have big plans with the car, i actually just sent her off on her maiden voyage to Drift Motion to get an Aristo 2jz-gte swap done. I cant wait, i have heard Aarons work is nothing short of being amazing!

p1633296_6.jpg

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
im sorry but is the hks element filter being held on to the AFM with a rubber band? Lol previous owner didnt want to give you the filter cage or something lol.
p1633311_1.jpg

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
Whats all going on in the truck? Did u respray it or something to re-seal it? Other then that looks like its going to be a fun starting stone.

JDMMA70;1633311 said:
im sorry but is the hks element filter being held on to the AFM with a rubber band? Lol previous owner didnt want to give you the filter cage or something lol.
p1633318_1.jpg

HAHA, I noticed this while scrolling throught, thats preety rigged isnt.

monster2j

Aug 20, 2010
socal
Haha yeah the filter i zip tied on for the time being, i didnt want to buy a legit one since i was going to go through with the swap pretty soon. The Trunk did have some rust where the spare tire was, so i sanded it down and repainted everything with rustolium spraypaint and then clear coated. I also removed the sound deadening rubber mat material stuff from the floor of the trunk, trying to lighten the car up as much as possible. it seams like it has stoped the rust, only time will tell :)

monster2j

Aug 20, 2010
socal
So i took a trip up to Drift Motion today to go check out my car, i forgot my good camera i only had my crapy phone camera. But anyways the 7M is out, Aaron and his team cleaned the engine bay, and got the Aristo 2JZ prepped with new oil pan, 1jz bell housing, new front main seal, new rear main seal, new cam seals, new spark plugs, Action stage 3 clutch (6 puck), Ver. II pulley kit (not installed yet), new Marlin Crawler shifter bushing, changed all my fluids out on the motor and transmission basically the full 60k service and then some. While i was there Aaron explained to me what he would be doing over the next week, i was also surprised to see that he had taken pictures for me of the old 7M coming out of the car. He happily answered all my unnecessary stupid questions and hooked me up with a free DM T-shirt before i left to drive home. I am completely stoked, and his work looked solid! heres some crappy pictures to boot,

p1634551_1.jpg

p1634551_2.jpg

p1634551_3.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Aaron's work is top notch. That is the reason I buy everything I need from him if he has it in stock.

He told me about the HKS cams compared to the BC, and when looking at the BC cams compared to the HKS cams in person, they are 100% Superior. He recommended the best part even if it cost more, but the saying is, "You get what you pay for."

You are going to get what you pay for from Aaron because unlike a lot of other places, he answers all questions and gives good customer service.

monster2j

Aug 20, 2010
socal
So how much of a difference will i feel compared to my old motor? I am assuming that it will have a different power band because of the twins, but like how much faster compared to my old motor?

monster2j

Aug 20, 2010
socal
Going to pick her up tomorrow from DM, i will post more pics as soon as i get the car back, and possibly a little video.

monster2j

Aug 20, 2010
socal
Here are the swap details, all these parts were new except for the motor of course.

2jzgte jdm aristo engine (really good condition)
2jz timing belt
2jz cam seal
front main seal
rear main seal
1jz/2jz power steering hose (steel braided)
engine swap brackets
front mount intercooler kit (with bov)
spark plugs
walbro fuel pump
Action stage 3 clutch kit
Marlin Crawler urathane shifter bushing
delrin shift knob
mt 90
1jz/2jz r154 bell housing
1jz flywheel
Version II pulley kit
2jz/1jz water pump
ARP flywheel bolts for 1jz/2jz
ls400 fan clutch
gear oil
----------------------------------------------
Parts that i opted to fix:

new brake master cylinder
new goodridge ss brake lines
----------------------------------------------
Parts aaron gave me for free:

new caliper on front right wheel
new battery
new battery tie down
plus countless other stuff

I gave aaron my old 7m, i think he gave me a small discount off the overall price. Wich was nice of him considering it had a blown head gasket, it had been rebuilt once already, and it had 170k

monster2j

Aug 20, 2010
socal
yeah aaron is the man! other than hitting boost cut the motor runs great, should just be a simple fix. i will be changing the filter out for my hks megaflow i just need a coupler. Here are some quick pictures, i was running late for work. ill throw some more detailed ones up soon!

p1639112_1.jpg

p1639112_2.jpg

p1639112_3.jpg

p1639112_4.jpg