Jebus' Build/Bolt on Thread

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
supra90turbo said:
Glad you got rid of the Lexus wheels and now rolling on some white 91 5spokes! They look so much better.

Those are the original 92 wheels, i had the other fugly camry wheels on there because i "thought" of driving it in the winter but got a daily beater in the nick of time.

kyle, yea... that thing fell off on the highway.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Updates, Go the front end taken apart and spent most of my time taking measurements and getting ready to mock up some new stuff.

frntez8.jpg

teaserjf9.jpg

got the old and busted out ready for the new hotness going in, wont be needing these anymore so its either garbage or FS.
dscf3017hz0.jpg

dscf3018jm6.jpg

and on with the mockup,
dscf3019qu3.jpg

I still have to make runs back and forth to my piping guy to get him all my measurements for my new stuff. ( anyone know what that gold box thing is under the pipe and infront of the accordian hose? i want to move it somwhere out of view because its obstructing what i want to do)

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
updates

nothing has been done to the actual car this week due to Snow, 30 degree weather, the flu! and me having to spend my weekend in seattle.

BUT i did make some headway in the parts department,

Today!

I got my intercooler pipes done finnally from my lazy pipe bender, took the guy a week to do 15 minutes worth of work :rant2: ! I finnally went in today and asked wtf was taking him so long and he finished up the crappy pipes, but they will do for now, ( i know crush bends are inneficient and fugly!):nono:
dscf3083zb0.jpg

made the ends a bit longer than needed to leave room for cutting or little bends.

UPS made me one happy camper today!

got my new BFgoodrich KDW II's today! ::w00t::
I just gotta pull the tires off the white rims and see about getting them repainted :naughty:
dscf3095mo8.jpg

also summit delivered their supercooler, internal thermostatic relay to turn on the fan when it reaches anything over 170F, and an automatic cutoff to prevent overcooling! Just waiting on some fittings to actually have it hooked up and operational but alteast i can get it mounted.
dscf3087sc8.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow it wont be 30 degrees and my fever will be gone so i can actually get some work done!

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Today

I got my intercooler mounted up and my mom got curious and decided to take a pic.

dscf3097kp0.jpg

started testing out my pipes to see about fittings and took down some measurements for some changes i need to make.
dscf3100is7.jpg

dscf3102xy3.jpg

I also made a mockup of what i want to do just to figure out how much room i have to work with.

dscf3104bh9.jpg

i also started the mockup and measurements for the oil cooler and decided on a final mounting location.
dscf3105ch7.jpg

dscf3106sh3.jpg

and thats it for today hopefully tomorrow i can get the pipes fitted right or just move on to something else that needs to get done.

dscf3109hr0.jpg

Boostedstr8six

I have better SA than you
Mar 30, 2005
Near Columbia, the river
Crush bent IC piping = NO GO! Get a few 180 bends from JC whitney and I can weld them up for you.

I feel so hurt that you haven't invited me over to help, or at least to stand around watching you work. :cry: j/k

Seriously though, give me a ring.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
glad to see your not lurking anymore man! ^

trust me calling you was on todays todo list especially after my last go at the piping fitment :rant2:

ic piping will take longer than i expected i have to order more stuff = more $$ :cry:

just means i have to start doing other stuff.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Today

I actually covered some ground it being my day off and all. Not as far as i'd like but its soemthing.

The next thing on my list of things to do is to get my suspension work done. In order to take off the rear struts i gotta get to the TEMS sensors and actuators but in order to do that the rear panels need to come off.

anyone looking to upgrade shocks i reccomend you read this.
http://gallery.sanitylapse.com/v/supra/thumbnails.php?album=120&page=1

^ he may not have that car anymore but he sure did allot for the community!

anyway after sitting for so long my interior was pretty dusty, hell the whole car is covered in dirt!

dscf3111nm2.jpg

dscf3112tu7.jpg

started pulling out the carpet and found a bunch of gear oil soaked in the carpet and into the wood. If anyone has any ideas on how to get that stuff out of the padding let me know, it smells like year old mcdonalds. I'm pretty sure where my cars taxicab smell comes from, that and the fact that the previous owners were smokers so part of this build is cleaning and deoderizing.
dscf3114ip7.jpg

good lord do i find weird stuff in my cars,
a wheel, flexplate, casio calculator, bandaid, ATF, golf teas, and a broken cell phone!
dscf3115xy8.jpg

anyway! i had to get some new stuff knowing i'd be torqing allota stuff down and doing allot of late night working. It kinda sucks spending as much on tools as i am on my car.
dscf3120xn6.jpg

dscf3121fc5.jpg

got the back end taken appart and got everything else accesible for working and cleaning, lots of cleaning. Yes im keeping the TEMS functionality.
dscf3124tl2.jpg

dscf3125th1.jpg

dscf3131th5.jpg

dscf3132ru8.jpg

right as i was finishing that fedex showed up w/ the two brass fittings i needed, but DAYUM do they add allota extra stuff!
dscf3128iv3.jpg

after that intermission i got my wheels ready head out and get the tires pulled off, those horrible horrible tires, i actually made a 15 sec pass on those :3d_frown:
dscf3129ti8.jpg

dscf3130eh9.jpg

As soon as i did that the Big Brown truck showed up with more stuff! Wont be needing this for a while but i'll probably test it on my truck, thanks mattjk for the recomendation!
dscf3135kz5.jpg

got done with that and getting ready to break the bolts loose on my calipers when i got a call that my custom bracket was done! so i headed down to the sheet metal shop and picked this up, its cheep and strong enough to hold the cooler, but soft enough for me to bend it for a perfect fit.
dscf3136km9.jpg

by the time i was done with all that the sky started to threaten me with rain and a sharp drop in temp so thats it for today. Im hoping for warm evenings since i dont have very many days off in the next few weeks.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Today

I got the struts and springs off allong with the brakes and rotors.

67876020ho8.jpg

35219316nz1.jpg

Started unpacking my new stuff and took a bit to wash and scrub off my old bump stops and supports so they look nice and clean. Thnx to boostedstr8six for lending me the spring compressors.

92418261bv1.jpg

89167794io9.jpg

Cousin showed up to help out and get the struts in but the rear ones are bitches!
92739478fd4.jpg

How the fuck do you get the back struts in???? they want to slide in but the gold colored bushing in the back where the bottom slides in just wont let it budge. Im getting pissed, going to just go at it tomorrow with a file to get the fitment right. Any tips?

21495015mi3.jpg

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Finished!

finally got the lower pin for the rear struts to go in, took some coaxing but i finally tapped the sucker in, thnx john1 and stan for the advice.

79140487la3.jpg

torqued those down to 110ftlbs on rear and front, and torqued the pin holding the upper wishbone on the front down to 110fltbs aswell.

45340276pa9.jpg

64076702ym4.jpg

made sure everything fit back together with no rubbing or clipping of anything, i'll have to take the brakes and lines off again to finish cleaning but atleast that part is taken care of and i can start putting in more new stuff.