Feb 27, 2009
west haven, ct
i found this info what else is there some one said jdm has better insides
mk4compare.gif

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
My understanding, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, is that the engines themselves are the same for the most part, but they're tuned differently. Japan has a law that limits any vehicle produced for sale in Japan to having no more than 280 hp, which is why there's a difference.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Once piece of incorrect data in that chart (not that it relates to the motor, it's just incorrect data annoys me....)

Headlight covers in the US are plastic. US DOT requires it. When I did my HID/projector conversion, I ordered my glass headlights from Germany.

marc3

canadian blood
Jul 19, 2006
quebec,canada
don't be fooled, a jdm version may be listed at 40hp less than the usdm, but i swapped a 91 aristo motor , and am putting 326hp at the wheels with a single cat downpipe, 3inch exhaust, frontmount ic, and 10psi on turbo 1,15psi on turbo 2.
let alone zazzn is doin 400 at the wheels with his jdm mk4 with 18psi, front mount ic and stock downpipe. we obviously both have devices that eliminate boost cut...
like tissimo said,just get a a jdm, cheaper. i payed $1500canadian for a complete 2jz down here in montreal.