JDM Tail light covers ... finished ...

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
You're thanking him for that sad sack of shit???? I'd almost rather have kept the dream alive...

I'm surprised someone hasen't come up and hunted down the little thief/scumbag/asspacker/insert insult here. What a fugging scam.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
kevinM deserves his own thread, but ill post this comment here for those weary of future group buys.

KEVINM has been nothing short of perfect in conducting the rear sunshade GB. always gave plenty of information, obviously he DOES have a personal life, but never left ANY of us in the dark when he would be away and unavailable for contact.

he has kept everyone in the GB informed on the status of everything. i recieved my sunshade a few days after he gave me the tracking number, and it is flawless.

the quality is exactly what was expected, NO complaints what so ever.

this guy YASHAR, is a theif plain and simple.

shadeanimal

blaargh?
Apr 12, 2005
Eugene, OR
I mentioned KevinM on this thread only to draw a nice comparison.

I think it would be wishful thinking to ask for my money back on these. Since this set looks EXACTLY like a set that was on Ebay 6-8 months ago, I think I'm going to do a favor to the Supra community and put these safely into the trash can. I don't want to get caught up in another waiting game, this time waiting for my money back. (again, wishful thinking...) Truthfully, I wouldn't even want these covers if they were free.

I will take this as a learning experience. The next time I send my money to someone who is setting up a group buy, there will be a clear definition of the product, and how much that product costs to make, plus any potential hang-ups along the way. Also, a cut-off date for the reciept of deposits along with a money back gaurantee if the project does not recieve enough deposits. (these are all things that KevinM and other "good" group buys have done) If enough of these things don't match up, I simply won't send my money.
This project seemed to cross over from reality to fiction a couple months after Outofstep handed it off to Yashar (can't blame ya Outofstep.. at the time, it we all had the impression that Yashar would be able to kick these out lick'ity split..)

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Valley Stream, New York, United States
Hey guys, mine came in today. I'm definitely taking these back myself so I can get my $$$ back. I can't even dream of putting these on my car.

taillights.jpg

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Boosted Supra said:
Hey guys, mine came in today. I'm definitely taking these back myself so I can get my $$$ back. I can't even dream of putting these on my car.

taillights.jpg

Wow, I can't even believe he'd send those out, they look like total poo... does he think people will even want them? He'd have been better off sending nothing, this just makes people even more mad. :(

SupraManDrew87

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
I got mine. <sarcasm> Wow they look great too. I mean for only 1 years worth of work, I'm amazed at the fine craftsmanship. Precision like this is unheard of. It's a good thing OutOfStep didnt finish what he started, I can only imagine what would have happened. </sarcasm> :crazy1:

SupraManDrew87

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
Haha, sorry Meggs. I was being 100% sarcastic, meaning I wish he really would have finished the work. Bob is the man when it comes to things Supra related. I'm not gonna mess with your man, I promise :wavey:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
i got mine also-they also look like complete shit and they dont fit properly. the trunk will not close with them on, so the top part of the covers has to be cut for them to fit. for however much we paid(like 120 or 150),these suck!

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
polobai said:
i got mine also-they also look like complete shit and they dont fit properly. the trunk will not close with them on, so the top part of the covers has to be cut for them to fit. for however much we paid(like 120 or 150),these suck!
How much did they cost exactly? I was wondering about that. Anyone know for sure.

All you guys had to do is get a custom painter to just paint your covers.
All you have to do is

Sand area with 500 grit
Mask off where you dont want paint to go
Spray black (using a single or 2 stage paint, depending on the finish you want)
Remove masking
Clear if you want it shiny and using the 2 stage system
Possibly wet sand with 1500+ & polish

I'll think about doing mine...not 100% sure I want that look or if it will go with my exterior color.

N

Notorious_8.7.T

Tony Mawad said:
All you guys had to do is get a custom painter to just paint your covers.
All you have to do is

Sand area with 500 grit
Mask off where you dont want paint to go
Spray black (using a single or 2 stage paint, depending on the finish you want)
Remove masking
Clear if you want it shiny and using the 2 stage system
Possibly wet sand with 1500+ & polish

and spend more money?