JDM Race gas in my supra.

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
No I lied....

But I could not figure out why my car was acting weird on its first start. After talking to the original owner we came to a conclusion that the fuel in the car was around 2 years old and the fuel filter is 21 years old. The fuel pump was clog so badly I think that it left burnt marks on it.... Wow... Talk about supra brown shits..

YES this is my secret JDM race gas.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
HommerSimpson;1070069 said:
I see that all the time...Being a used car Mec... boss getts pissed when fuel pump takes chit from sitting for a month and nobody cranking it...then wonders why ....
but hes a dipshit...

Must be getting pretty shitty gas, the dealership I work at has had cars sit over 3 months of rough winter without a start, cars started fine.

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
theWeezL;1070504 said:
why? explain to me how that fluid harmed the pump?

Clog filter and fuel has rust in it. If you see the pump it seem as if it got so hot that you see heat discolor or burnt marks on it.

I installed a walbro pump and new filter while I was at it. Rather now then later.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Datsrboi;1070555 said:
Clog filter and fuel has rust in it. If you see the pump it seem as if it got so hot that you see heat discolor or burnt marks on it.

I installed a walbro pump and new filter while I was at it. Rather now then later.

Ok well I can see that then. I thought it was just OLD gas not rusty gas full of particulate.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
Sil;1070216 said:
Must be getting pretty shitty gas, the dealership I work at has had cars sit over 3 months of rough winter without a start, cars started fine.

????????????? lol you mean the gas thats in it when he buys it from auction... if its above empty.. it dont get gas .... and we are just a small car lot.. mainly vws... and then he gets them from aution from dealers so some have sat for long time...some were traded in week before...

but it seams about 1 out of 10 has stale gas...