JDM ecu different from USDM?

van1684

Apr 19, 2005
chicago
So I did a conversion from na to jdm turbo and using a usdm wiring harness but using the JDM ecu. Does anyone think that the ecu has different parameters? my car seems pretty slow. no codes checked that already. Idle up on start up does not work. i had to adjust the rpm's to about 800 bcuz when it's cold the idle up doesn't work so it dies after i rev it. changed the isc valve a few times. checked via tsrm and it's ok. and checked the coolant temperature sender and the cold start time switch all working.

car is very sluggish b4 boost. timing just fixed to 10 BTDC. fuel pump changed to walboro j tube bypassed. I think I've fixed everything possible up to now. So i'm thinking it might be the ecu maybe. any help is much appreciated.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The problem could be the seat of the pants feel. A 7MGTE without a working turbo, aka, before boost, is not a powerful engine.

Your compression indicates decent engine health, and I would not think that engine timing is off, but it wouldn't hurt to check it anyway.

How does the idle act.