JDM 440cc injectors for 1J

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
what color injectors are these? has anyone replaced their stock injectors with these ones and what improvement/gain will you get?

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
My brother says 370 are plenty for 1jz, good enough as in you wanted to show the quickest way to blow some ct12's run them at 25 psi and you'll have enough fuel. :biglaugh:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
high psi 1jz said:
My brother says 370 are plenty for 1jz, good enough as in you wanted to show the quickest way to blow some ct12's run them at 25 psi and you'll have enough fuel. :biglaugh:

I disagree, quite honestly... If you have full exhaust, some more boost, add some cams, maybe a little afc tune, you'll be knocking on the door of 350+hp. No way in hell would I trust my engine with those mods to 370cc injectors. Especially if they haven't been flow tested and balanced to insure they're actually flowing as much as they're supposed to. That's asking for trouble, IMO. Getting close to maxing out the duty cycle of injectors isn't the best idea.

If you tried to push the twins too far on stock injectors, don't be surprised if you melt some pistons. Ask me how I know. I've already been down that road once. It wasn't pretty.

The twins aren't going to blow up at 25psi and 370cc. Your engine will. You're more likely to kill your turbos by not changing your oil than running high boost. This is just my experience from personally seeing CT12s from a range of 10psi to 20psi+. Boost didn't kill them. The oil seals go bad. For every set of CT12s I've seen where the turbine shattered, I've seen at least 5 more sets from bad oil seals with the turbines still intact. They're not as fragile as alot of people like to think they are.

Last edited:

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
370cc definitely...

OneJoeZee > so what is the safest boost you that you can run the stock twins with the stock injectors and without blowing up your engine? Heard others run 15-19 psi with no problem but is it safe?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
What's 'safe' to some might not be to others. I, personally, won't be raising my boost anymore than it's hitting right now(which is about 12-14psi) without throwing in the 440s I have laying around. And only after having them flowtested and balanced...

I'm expecting to get near 350whp in the not so far off future, hopefully. Sure, I bet I could get away with running 16+psi, alot of people do. but I'm not comfortable with the safety margin at that level, especially since I have no way to know if my 370s would really flow all 370ccs as they are... 440s aren't expensive or too hard to find.

Shit happens. On a big pull in a long gear like 4th EGTs can get pretty high. Stock twins are known to get boost creep. Check out my recent dyno graph. Notice how the boost continues to rise until the dyno shuts down and the AFRs are on the lean side at time. This was done during a fairly warm day. A cool night will only amplify that boost creep.

p531757_1.jpg

p531757_2.jpg

Just FYI, I've already passed the safe limit before I'm not interested in getting close to it again. I nuked one 1JZ playing around with too much boost on 370s so that's why I'm reluctant to test my luck again. Melted a couple pistons. The turbos survived and kept running for about 6 more months though, lol.

This is just my $.02 which doesn't have to be worth much.

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
I'm pretty happy with the power I'm getting with my BPU. I won't mess with the engine and the twins till I go single and drop the 440s.

I'll take your 2 cents. Thanks.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
If you're just running what the majority of 1Js are(intake, exhaust, downpipe) but without a boost controller, which is in the 280-310hp range, 370s are totally fine.