jdm 2jz vs us 2jz

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
ok so i am trying to find a 2jz to drop into my 89 i am haven a hard time finding onethat is not jdm. the prob with this is that they are only 280 bhp and us i think is 320 what is the diff? i heard it just fuel injectors idk. what could i do to the jdm one to bring it to the 320 or more bhp that i am wanting?

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
carter;1388619 said:
injectors and turbo, jdm 2j supra's use 440s, jdm 2j aristo's use 380s both come with different turbo fins but are not ceramic

Really all you'd have to do is change the injectors and turbos with the usdm ones. The jdm twin turbo's are steel i believe and the ones the usdm ones were was ceramic

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92616

youve got the turbos backwards, jdm are ceramic and usdm are steel

the cams are different as well, but not by much, its barely noticeable.

also, the usdm runs a hotwire mass air flow system, whereas the jdm is speed density

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
Bigzavs;1388629 said:
youve got the turbos backwards, jdm are ceramic and usdm are steel

the cams are different as well, but not by much, its barely noticeable.

also, the usdm runs a hotwire mass air flow system, whereas the jdm is speed density

does the air flow sensor make a diff. and should i just upgrade the turbos? and what do i have to do if i upgrade the fuel injectors

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
You can still push the 380s from 280 to 320hp the injectors dont hit their limits so a afc would tune that out.

As for the HP difference its all in the tune just re-tuning the car could get you much more power! JDM were detuned due to the gentlemen agreement some people even report the jdm 2JZ nearly dyno the same hp as the USDM

I would stick with MAP or Speed Density over MAF if you have a boost leak or upgrade BOV to vent to atmosphere have any kind of a vacume leak or upgrade your turbos to pull more then the typical maf is limited by your not up the creek like you would be with MAF.

It all depends if your doing the swap into a US car and you must go through strict smog restrictions then you must use USDM swaps to get it to pass BAR

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
most mkiv's convert to the JDM map.

mkiv cams used are cheap and most brand new for that aspect.
single turbo + tune bam you are set (with supporting mods of course)

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
Comparing the injectors, the JDM 2js came with 440cc injectors (minus aristos apparently) and the USDM ones came with 550cc injectors?
Is that correct?

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
Cz.;1389219 said:
Comparing the injectors, the JDM 2js came with 440cc injectors (minus aristos apparently) and the USDM ones came with 550cc injectors?
Is that correct?

so do you think the aristo moter is worth it since i can get the r154 transmission with it. i am on a lil budget i i do get the aristo 2jzgte i will be upgading it slowly as i do have a kids one on the way so it will be a slow prosses but i have enough to get the moter do u think the 2jz aristo is worth it is my main question

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
If you tune the motor with a standalong or piggybacks you'll be able to get more out of the stock setup. It all depends on what your goals are and how far you want to go with them. The aristo motor isn't drop in, there's a lot more you should be worrying about than just the injectors if you're planning on swapping the motor in.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
Cz.;1389921 said:
If you tune the motor with a standalong or piggybacks you'll be able to get more out of the stock setup. It all depends on what your goals are and how far you want to go with them. The aristo motor isn't drop in, there's a lot more you should be worrying about than just the injectors if you're planning on swapping the motor in.

what should i be worried about?

89turbotoy

2 89 supras 2jzgte/single
Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
the aristo's also have 440cc injectors (side feed) not 380cc. Just get aristo engine rip off the twins go single get larger injectors of ur choice , some cams and aem and hope the r154 holds the power.