shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
suprastroker88;1686182 said:
i want to learn to drift my 7m soon. not too many people do it seems like

Most are scared off by the weight and lack of steering angle.

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
shaeff;1686195 said:
I am currently under research, detailing ways to get more angle about of our beasts.. FC rx7 guys are in the same boat, except they have aftermarket.. SHrugsss

shaeff;1686195 said:

+1 Weight balance as well. :]

It's possible, but it's harder to drift double wish bone cars than most McPherson Strut cars.....most of the time....Because of the steering angle and how the steering re-acts. Plus, if your open diff or your LSD diff is worn out, it makes it Even Harder. I wonder what a 2-Way diff would do in our cars? :D

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
laotionracer101;1686435 said:
I am currently under research, detailing ways to get more angle about of our beasts.. FC rx7 guys are in the same boat, except they have aftermarket.. SHrugsss

stance has a "super angle kit" for our cars. i think it gives you more angle and lets you adjust the camber a little more.

lol 2way diff would be nothing but spinning wheels and burned rubber

rodama5anthony;1686448 said:
stance has a "super angle kit" for our cars. i think it gives you more angle and lets you adjust the camber a little more.

lol 2way diff would be nothing but spinning wheels and burned rubber

http://stance-usa.com/sus/products/links/super-angle-kit

Sweet! I didn't know stance had these! :D

Spinning wheels and burned rubber = Drifting LOL

I had one in my 240. A clutch kick became LESS dramatic, compared to the open diff.... ROFL

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
BlackDynamite;1686456 said:
http://stance-usa.com/sus/products/links/super-angle-kit

Sweet! I didn't know stance had these! :D

Spinning wheels and burned rubber = Drifting LOL

I had one in my 240. A clutch kick became LESS dramatic, compared to the open diff.... ROFL

lol ya i would get them but kinda out of my price range XD
ya i buddy of mine was running stance coilovers with a welded diff and that thing slide out so easily it was crazy

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Welded != 2-way. A 2-way diff is a LSD, but instead of only acting during applied torque (acceleration), it will also lock/differentiate during deceleration as well. The welded diff is permanently locked, no matter what. Neither wheel can ever spin faster or slower than the other, and it's a downright dangerous thing to be driving on the street. One oil slick is all it took to total a local 240; one wheel spun, the other spun with it, resulting in a total loss of traction and a quick trip into a cement barrier @ 45mph. That said, welded diffs have their place on the track. But that's about it; there's NO reason to run one on the street.

Back OT: Awesome rainy day drifting...even the wrecks are epic as hell. That mk3 looks awesome, and I'm not complaining about the sweet s14's and the GTR, either :D

Bleakvoid;1688340 said:
Welded != 2-way. A 2-way diff is a LSD, but instead of only acting during applied torque (acceleration), it will also lock/differentiate during deceleration as well. The welded diff is permanently locked, no matter what. Neither wheel can ever spin faster or slower than the other, and it's a downright dangerous thing to be driving on the street. One oil slick is all it took to total a local 240; one wheel spun, the other spun with it, resulting in a total loss of traction and a quick trip into a cement barrier @ 45mph. That said, welded diffs have their place on the track. But that's about it; there's NO reason to run one on the street.

+1