Its time to figure this out.

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
Ok, I started a thread a couple weeks back because my car has been misfiring. But then I got a bike and have been more than happy enough to drive that around for that past week or so but now i have got to figure it out.

Problem: Car is putting while idling and runs rough. Will not accelerate well, seems to smooth out a little during hard acceleration

My diagnosis: Car is misfiring.

Cause of misfire: No clue. I inspected the wires and changed the plugs, coil pack, ignitor, O2 sensor and checked the timing.

Im stumped. I cannot figure this out. It is not throwing any codes at all either. Someone please help?

sleepersupra

i hate this car
Nov 5, 2005
Broken Arrow, Ok
mine does kindof the same thing and i checked everything you did and my problem persists. mine just does it when i'm in boost and idles fine.

i don't know check your afm? unplug it then plug it back in?

just try as much as possible

ma70t

7mgte-s
Jun 7, 2005
va
i had the same problem and it was my afm i just took it apart and clean the whole thing with alcohol pads and it works fine now
so i guess u can try that but mine did the same thing but i only clean the electronics good luck worked good for me twice on two diffrent supra

CassMori

Boost Addict
I had the same problem yesterday after changing spark plugs. Turns out I was stupid, and crossed the #1 and #2 plug wires when I reinstalled them. Since you've checked the wires, though, I'm guessing you verified they run from the coil packs to the plugs in the correct order?:dunno:

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
Im honestly not positive that it is misfiring. I could try and take an audio clip and post it up. It runs the same as when I pulled a plug wire. And other people, no experts, have said that it sounds like a misfire. It also back more often when I drive it with the problem.

Oh, and the only reason that I have been just swapping parts is because a very generous friend has been allowing me to borrow the parts off of his car to test. I honestly do not know alot about pinpointing problems after checking error codes and basic tests. I will check the troubleshooting section in my manual now and see what I can do. I just thought someone might have had this same problem or be able to pinpoint it since it is so odd that it only happens when the car gets fully warmed up.

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
Mine did the same thing at an idle and just normal driving but it ran great in boost. It was my maf. Try taking it out, and cleaning it with some maf sensor cleaner. Spray the thing down good, let it dry and give it a shot. Mine ran like a whole different car after.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
cjmkIII;1930807 said:
im having this issue to if i figure it out ill let you know

After 7 years he probably doesn't care.

Supraguy7M;1930840 said:
Mine did the same thing at an idle and just normal driving but it ran great in boost. It was my maf. Try taking it out, and cleaning it with some maf sensor cleaner. Spray the thing down good, let it dry and give it a shot. Mine ran like a whole different car after.

It never ends...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
socc924;255154 said:
Cause of misfire: No clue. I inspected the wires and changed the plugs, coil pack, ignitor, O2 sensor and checked the timing.

That is the last thing to cause a drive problem, and probably won't ever cause a dead miss. I also noticed the 2006 time, and his comment about "nobody can figure it out?" As though somebody other than him was looking at his car.