It's my first time...be gentle.....

termn8r2000

I'LL BE BACK..........
Apr 14, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
Hello all!!

I live on the southside of Indianapolis and I have had my Supra for close to ten years. I bought it from a junkyard (Brickyard Imports in Brooklyn, IN) after stumbling across it while looking for parts for my RX-7. It was love at first sight and I could not let that car get stripped and destoyed (it was in very good condition with the exception of the driver's door and fender and some minor rear suspension (fixed with a $40.00 lower control arm) damage. Best of all....it was a turbo (and it ran!!)with a targa top and near perfect interior). I have just started to work on it recently and my goal is to keep it mostly stock as it is a daily driver (except in the snow). I will be looking for parts, advice and comradarie while I am here.

CBurgs'88

Apr 14, 2007
Detroit
What's up! I'm new too, and kind of in the same situation. One of my supras has fender damage, but a perfect interior and turbo. Good luck with your build, I hope for the best. What kind of RX-7 do you have? FC or FD?

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
welcome to the community. a few tips:
1. dont take any one person's advice too literally, do your research.
2. If you want to do something, don't ask for opinions in a thread, people tend to bash your original ideas.
3. Search tool is your best friend
4. Maintenence first

Best of luck with your build. And enjoy the community. Theres more than enough resource here to do anything you wish.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
termn8r2000 said:
Hello all!!

I live on the southside of Indianapolis and I have had my Supra for close to ten years. I bought it from a junkyard (Brickyard Imports in Brooklyn, IN) after stumbling across it while looking for parts for my RX-7. It was love at first sight and I could not let that car get stripped and destoyed (it was in very good condition with the exception of the driver's door and fender and some minor rear suspension (fixed with a $40.00 lower control arm) damage. Best of all....it was a turbo (and it ran!!)with a targa top and near perfect interior). I have just started to work on it recently and my goal is to keep it mostly stock as it is a daily driver (except in the snow). I will be looking for parts, advice and comradarie while I am here.

As stated in the other thread, I'm surprised I've never seen you around much if any with you living on the southside...then again the SS covers a rather large area. ;)

It's good to know there is another owner out there in the area! Welcome home (to Supramania) and if you have any offhand questions...................search. ;)

:biglaugh:

-Jeff

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
O, I also seen a 'homo blue' Supra at Fazolli's on my way to pick up my bike gear, approx 3:45 on Sunday... Looked damn good from the road.

But back on topic, termn8r's car is damn nice. Just sitting in Wendy's, looked over and was like 'DAAAAAMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :love: ', the fiance gives the 'oh lord.... go....' lol Seems like a nice guy, not at all thrown off by random people running up to him on a cold rainy day checking out his car. Then he boosts off.... while I'm sitting in her Lumina. *sigh*

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Hehe.

Supra owners first reaction to a guy with :love: in his eyes jumping out of a Lumina:

Psycho!!!! :biglaugh:

I'm curious as to just what this thing looks like with that shade of blue.

Have any pictures to post? :)

-Jeff

***Matt*** Was the homo blue Supra wingless on sawblades? If so, I saw the exact same one at the Fazoli's on US31. This one was uber clean, too.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
Congrats on saving a Supra from being turned into paper clips.
Sounds like it might be in fair condition. Service all you can so you can get it to a origional hp platform. If mods are not what you are looking for,yeah,keep her stock.(But the desire for more boost will soon follow!)
There are so many ways to increase the hp of the Supra,depending on where you live and smog regulations,you might be able to replace the entire intake/exhaust system for more power and yet retain a stock motor! Good luck!

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Boost Lee said:
***Matt*** Was the homo blue Supra wingless on sawblades? If so, I saw the exact same one at the Fazoli's on US31. This one was uber clean, too.

Yes... probably the same.

I actually though termn8r was you, jeff. Then I noticed the lack of the NK flags. I'm starting to look into having an Indiana get together down in brown county or something, something with some good photo ops and nice roads to drive on.

termn8r2000

I'LL BE BACK..........
Apr 14, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
Boost Lee said:
I'm curious as to just what this thing looks like with that shade of blue.

Have any pictures to post? :)

-Jeff

I have posted some pics from last summer when I was painting it. It is partially disassembled though in in those pics

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
mkiiSupraMan18 said:
Yes... probably the same.

I actually though termn8r was you, jeff. Then I noticed the lack of the NK flags. I'm starting to look into having an Indiana get together down in brown county or something, something with some good photo ops and nice roads to drive on.

Me, Terminator? Pssh, that guy doesn't have sh*t on Bruce Lee. :biglaugh:
Bruce Lee would kick Governor Terminators @$$ anyday!!! :icon_bigg

Where at in Brown County? I'm down for another mini-meet.

Speaking of, Matt & [termn8r2000] (What is your name?), you both shall plan on making your ways to Ohio meet this year!

Matt - Talk to Jason......find out when you girls want to ride over there and on what days...

termn8r2000

I'LL BE BACK..........
Apr 14, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
gtsfirefighter said:
You've had it for almost ten years and you are just now beginning to work on it?? Has it just been sitting all this time? Welcome aboard BTW.

It was my driver when I was in school (I was also quite broke then), then I moved to Georgia for 5 years and spent most of my spare time working on my '65 Ford Falcon convertible). The Supra was wrecked twice in the meantime (the first wreck's insurance check paid for the car...hehehe), so I decided last spring that I was tired of driving a multi-colored primered car and decided to paint it (2006 Imperial Blue Metallic) over the summer. So I have actually been driving it for the last 10 years (+200k miles on the chassis).