It's all about the U......of Alabama - Ingram wins Heisman

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Congrats to Mark Ingram!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first ever winner of the Heisman for the Crimson Tide.

He's a sophomore!

Next will be the National Championship!

I am glad he won it in his 2nd year. I don't think he will repeat next year. Trent Richardson is very good, and Ingram will be sharing more playing time with him next year. I also am pretty sure he will come out after his junior year. He is on schedule to graduate after his junior year, so there will be no reason to hang around with millions waving in his face.

He could have had the total yards that TD Toby, but the Tide showed a lot of class by taking him out of several games when they were out of hand. I don't think any of his competitors for this award did that.

kozzman555

Sep 8, 2009
Ft. Benning, GA
this was rediculous. they should rename it the hypesman trophy. ndamukong suh and nearly the same stats BY HIMSELF as the Alabama, Florida, and Texas front 4 had, which are three of the top defenses in the country.

The stats below compare season totals for Alabama's starting 4 defensive
linemen, Florida's starting 4 defensive linemen, Texas' starting 4 defensive
linemen, and Ndamukong Suh. How could 1 person have virtually the same stats as the cumulative front 4 of the top 3 defenses? The answer is that he dominates more than anyone else in the game:

Alabama Season Totals
98tkl - 23.5tfl - 9.5sk - 20qbh - 5pbu - 0int - 1ff - 3bk
Florida Season Totals
112tkl - 33tfl - 14sk - 48qbh - 5pbu - 0int - 1ff - 0bk
Texas Season Totals
116tkl - 25.5tfl - 15.5sk - 10qbh - 7pbu - 0int - 2ff - 0bk
Suh Season Totals
82tkl - 23tfl - 12sk - 24qbh - 10pbu - 1int - 1ff - 3bk

How did he not win the Heisman Trophy?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
kozzman555;1470399 said:
How did he not win the Heisman Trophy?

He played DEFENSE!

I agree with you, he is a bad sumbitch! Those stats got him invited to the ceremony, and for that, I'm sure he is very proud. But, everybody knows a defensive player has extremely little (if any) chance to win it in today's game. He needed full season hype to win it, and didn't really get any Heisman recognition until the last few weeks of the year. I knew who he was, but the casual fan didn't. Maybe his S.I.D. should have made the case for him that you did. You really didn't hear much Heisman talk for him until he threw McCoy around like a rag doll. There was plenty of talk about him, but game solidified him on the Heisman map. Prior to that, he rarely was mentioned in the talks, and then it was with a chuckle, because they knew he had little shot of winning.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Go Ingram, go Ingram, go Ingram!!!!!!

National Championship number thirteen will be here in less than a month..........woooot!