It Runs!!! But..... Issues after turbo replacement

Jebadoo

Feb 26, 2012
Altoona, pa
So I got the new 57 Trim from Driftmotion on.... the smoking is gone finally!

Now I have a new issue probably related to the install. When I start the car from cold it idles great high idle around 1500, then it calms down. As soon as it starts to get warm and go into closed loop, it lopes like it has a wicked cam around 500-600 RPM sounds like its gonna stall and I can smell unburnt fuel. Vacuum/boost gauge reads at 18 ish when it used to read over 20. Now as soon as I hit the throttle it snaps and idles good for a few seconds, reads 25 vacuum then back to doing the weird idle.

I get no codes, so O2 can't be the issue. I assume a messed up vacuum line somewhere or possibly an intake leak or bad BOV( since it is a nasty looking ebay knockoff HKS).

Any thoughts?

Hotwheelsjr

May 22, 2011
Surprise AZ
Strange. Stock ECU? Did you pull the battery cable for a while to let the ECU "reset"? Don't know if it's necessary, but it's something I always do after I mess with anything tune related. A vacuum line would cause you to see less vacuum...at 850-1000 rpm idle on my car my vacuum is just slightly less than 20 and I know I don't have any leaks. Maybe a sensor of some sorts was left unplugged or you broke a wire? IDK...

Jebadoo

Feb 26, 2012
Altoona, pa
NVM.... Let's just pretend that I'm not an idiot.... I forgot that I took the brake master cylinder off to replace it.... therefore causing the world's largest vacuum leak......I had the idle down to 800 before the turbo went bad so I just assumed that it was still trying to adjust. Never came to mind that the master cylinder should have been put back on haha. The insanity has hit me already.... I've spent way too much time working on this thing in the past week haha.