Issues starting car, with Aem 30-1130 v1.

shadowlurker

Nov 3, 2008
Wisconsin
Im having a couple of issues with my 7m and getting it to start and stay running. I got the car to start briefly, it fired up and ran up to about 2k rpms then it stalled out. Is this when the engine start map switches over to the idle map? Now when I try to start the car it just clicks, no crank. The battery is fine and has been charged completely. So first why wont the car crank anymore? And why did it stall out quickly after 2k rpm? Im thinking it has to do with the amount of fuel being needed for the sequential injection, but im not sure where to start.

I followed the information in this thread to get to this point.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...-load-problems&highlight=sequential+injection

Some info about the car.
The car is wired for sequential injection.
DH61 ignitor to remove multiplex.
Coil on plug mod from the is300 coils.
Aem wideband.
Retained ISC.
Stat sync turns on.
750cc injectors. Changed the fuel map to using the "change injectors/pressure wizard" while having all the cells highlighted.
3.5 bar Map.
Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• WORKMAP2.V1.19.cal
    19.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

shadowlurker

Nov 3, 2008
Wisconsin
Ill give that file a look. Although since I have sequential injection wired up I dont see it helping me out that much. Ill compare the files though.

I did a little more testing today with some help from a friend. Currently injector number 1 is getting way to much fuel and flooding the cylinder. The car will start and die within a couple of moments. The injector is getting power but not pulsing like it should when im cranking on the car.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
the change from batch to sequential is easy. turn on the appropriate injectors, and double the values in the fuel map.

shadowlurker

Nov 3, 2008
Wisconsin
Thanks for the response. I wasnt aware of that. I was thinking I had to do something with the wiring again lol. I did another little test today and switched a clip from #2 injector to the #1 injector. And cylinder #1 was flooded again, so I think I have a bad injector.