Isn't a .57 trim from drift motion is it? Also too much play I suspect?

Turbobox

Aug 17, 2011
New Jersey
It's a stock wheel and looks like it will need to be replaced down the road. Is it scraping the housing or leaking any oil? If it boosts fine and doesn't scrape or leak then it should be good to go until it dies. I just received DM's upgrade... it has the 57 trim wheel. Typically, a 57 trim wheel is a 6 blade wheel and has an inducer size of 2.23" in a T04E.

MKIIIarpus

Jumping in head first!
Aug 8, 2011
youngsville,NC
I'm just pissed I was told it was a 57 trim drift motion. I was told a few things dishonest about the car. So now where to go from here? I had planned on 400+.whp Supposedly built motor. Pulling valve covers to make sure it has the arp studs it's supposed to have.

92ma71

Jun 13, 2011
Fairbanks, AK
Being pissed off doesnt really help anything. On the other hand people suck and they are dishonest. It happens all the time. Make sure next time you see receipts or proof of the build.

As long as the wheel isnt scraping the housing a little bit of play is fine. Going to need to be replaced but you should have some time.

MKIIIarpus

Jumping in head first!
Aug 8, 2011
youngsville,NC
Well since I don't have the AFM or injectors I guess I'll skip the afm and go bigger injectors with maftpro. Might as well go t4 on the turbo as you can't really go much bigger than the ct26 57 and have it bolt right up. I just hate that the guy was totally dishonest.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

I won't chance keeping that turbo going out on me. So I'll upgrade now.

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
I won't chance keeping that turbo going out on me. So I'll upgrade now.

smart man
i ran my 3sgte ct26 for a while with shaft play like what you are experiencing
didnt keep an eye on shaft play(like i should of done)
long story short...i tore motor down for a rebuild after about 6 months lol
for some reason my piston rings werent so happy with me lol

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
A 60-1 wheel in a stock CT26 housing, yes.

I have a 60-1 turbonetics which is bolt-on, and there are the BOSS turbos which are also bolt-on, and I believe can be as large as you might want.

3.0 beast

Jun 23, 2011
Riverside
thats messed up man i hate when people arent honest about what their selling but yeah thats definetly not a 57 trim from drift motion because i bought one and thats definetly a stock ct26... but it seems like it will last u a bit longer....also on the topic of the 60-1 i hear those arent to reliable as in the go out to fast??

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Not going into your intake. At the shop we have seen plenty of compressor wheels let go and im sure 99% of the metal got caught in the intercooler side tank. the 1% that makes it through isnt going to be damaging.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
MDCmotorsports;1755529 said:
There's a big thing called an intercooler in the way... most of the time it catches all the crap.

Who uses Intercoolers now a days? Its all about running inline MAFs in your charge piping