IS300 Stock Rebuild, Can I use this block? Pictures of scoring inside.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
http://imgur.com/a/Wx1lU

I have had the block dipped and cleaned and checked, machine shop said it's fine, I am second guessing myself on this one....

It's not going to see boost as I will be rebuilding it to factory specs and DDing the car.

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
You can use it, but its not woth it IMO.
It will burn some oil and have slightly increased crankcase pressure with those scratches going up and down.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Radial;1960932 said:
You can use it, but its not woth it IMO.
It will burn some oil and have slightly increased crankcase pressure with those scratches going up and down.

Awesome, basically I wasted cash having the machine shop work on it then....

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Get it bored as mentioned before and grab an oversized piston set from ebay for under $200 and be done with it. You can even ask your machine shop how much could they get you a set of factory pistons for. It shouldn't be all that much more for peace of mind.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Suprapowaz!(2);1960946 said:
Get it bored as mentioned before and grab an oversized piston set from ebay for under $200 and be done with it. You can even ask your machine shop how much could they get you a set of factory pistons for. It shouldn't be all that much more for peace of mind.

Had them bore it out, and they can get a set of pistons and rings for $395...i looked on ebay and couldn't find anything near $200, where are you looking?