Is this wrong??

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
Someone poses a question on a Supra forum about which gas to put in his car.

Complains about how expensive 91 octane is, wonders if it's okay to put 87 in.

I'm thinking to myself, yes, tell him to put 87 in since it'll save him money he can put towards the eventual repairs that comes with owning a Supra. If you're going to bitch about how expensive gas is, you're in the wrong hobby, and definitely in the wrong car to start out in.

:evil2:

Needless to say I won't give such advice, but I won't stop, or care if someone else does.

Is this so wrong? I can't help but just chuckle thinking about it.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Arent gas prices up like 9000% from last week?

Guess im about to stop driving the Supra and drive the ol Honda. woot for 30mpg.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Solo1Supra;1006130 said:
I run regular unleaded in my 87 Turbo with no problems at all. Granted, it's bone stock with the exception of the downpipe.
The sticker on the inside of my gas tank says to not put anything lower than 92 Octane!

Phantom

Dec 9, 2005
Los Angeles
Well, perhaps this person does not know that nothing less than 91 octane should go into a Supra's gas tank.

Sure the person is complaining about gas prices, but who hasn't. If you never complained, you must be rich enough to spend money like nothing on fuel or you are driving a Honda Fit and getting your mpg worths (wish I had a Honda as a daily driver).

I remember a while back when someone posted about how something was wrong with their car (can't exactly remember what it was), I asked him what type of octane the person had been using. The person was using something less than 89 and I politely informed the person that it should be no less than 91.

Some people don't know and it would be noble of you to inform them. Sure you could insult them and boost your ego, but what type of person would you be.

I'm not saying I'm a saint myself, but why create conflict through insult.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Everyone should have another daily just in case, it pains me a Supra is being treated so poorly over a couple bucks at the pump.

Not that George Bush and all the politicians are crooked mother fuckers but...gotta pay to play.

Phantom

Dec 9, 2005
Los Angeles
7Mboost;1006653 said:
Everyone should have another daily just in case, it pains me a Supra is being treated so poorly over a couple bucks at the pump.

Not that George Bush and all the politicians are crooked mother fuckers but...gotta pay to play.

You make a good point. But some of us do not have the extra money or space for a second vehicle.

If I had the money (parking is somewhat tough, but not impossible) I would like a daily driver. I would like an '01 or '02 Honda Accord four cylinder EX, but that's not possible right now if I want this car and still keep my Supra.

As for the time being, my Supra is my daily driver. It is my main transportation, A to B car. And you are right about having to pay to play. I have been paying because any octane less than 91 is not worth it in a Supra.

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
Phantom;1006491 said:
Some people don't know and it would be noble of you to inform them. Sure you could insult them and boost your ego, but what type of person would you be.

I'm not saying I'm a saint myself, but why create conflict through insult.

It seems as if some people need help just acquiring some common sense when really, they shouldn't have to.

If you complain about a few cents more to put premium gas in a "performance" car, chances are you couldn't care too much about it and it'll be just another poor example the community can do without. That and you shouldn't be using something with lousy mileage as your DD anyway.

Phantom

Dec 9, 2005
Los Angeles
SuprA70;1006731 said:
It seems as if some people need help just acquiring some common sense when really, they shouldn't have to.

If you complain about a few cents more to put premium gas in a "performance" car, chances are you couldn't care too much about it and it'll be just another poor example the community can do without. That and you shouldn't be using something with lousy mileage as your DD anyway.

True, people "shouldn't" use something with low mpgs, but guess what, they do. And as much as I wish it wasn't the case, some people don't consider or don't realized that a MKIII Supra is a Performance car. At where I'm from, I see more girls rollin' with guys in Civics, which is probably considered more "performance" and more sporty than my Supra which doesn't attract anybody's interest unless they are old asian guys that use to own MKIIIs.

And some of us would like a more fuel efficient car as a second car being a daily driver. But some of us aren't in that financial position to do so. Deciding to own a Supra for me comes after much consideration and sacrifice. Even after knowing that I know I wouldn't get good gas mileage and even after knowing that I will have to pay more for repair parts when compared to a Honda, I made my choice and pay 91 octane to enjoy driving my car. That, my friend, is Supra love.

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
Phantom;1006755 said:
True, people "shouldn't" use something with low mpgs, but guess what, they do. And as much as I wish it wasn't the case, some people don't consider or don't realized that a MKIII Supra is a Performance car. At where I'm from, I see more girls rollin' with guys in Civics, which is probably considered more "performance" and more sporty than my Supra which doesn't attract anybody's interest unless they are old asian guys that use to own MKIIIs.

And some of us would like a more fuel efficient car as a second car being a daily driver. But some of us aren't in that financial position to do so. Deciding to own a Supra for me comes after much consideration and sacrifice. Even after knowing that I know I wouldn't get good gas mileage and even after knowing that I will have to pay more for repair parts when compared to a Honda, I made my choice and pay 91 octane to enjoy driving my car. That, my friend, is Supra love.

Exactly. Too many claim they are Supraholics, but are so quick to sell when they get dissatisfied or bored and switch loyalties. Mark my words, I will be buried in this car the day I die :evil2: