Is This Normal?

gsmokez

Feb 18, 2007
Brampton, Ontario
I recently got a Supra and I started it up after a while and it was making a WHOLE bunch of smoke. I just wanted to know if this is normal or not during the winter, although I'm already pretty sure it's not, just wanna make sure. All help is appreciated.

p900327_1.jpg

Video is at : http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=7734260591038006693&hl=en-CA

And I know its a crappy camera but it gets wierd when its on google video and all I had was the phone. I couldn't put it on Youtube because its under maintenance but you can basically see how bad that smoke is. Has anyone else had this problem?

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Read up on the Blown Head Gaskets.

MK3 supra are notorious for blown head gaskets.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
It's normal. I bet if I went out and started my car right now, it would do the same thing. And there is nothing wrong with my car. If you really want me too, I'll out and get you a video.

gsmokez

Feb 18, 2007
Brampton, Ontario
well if its not too much trouble can you get a video? JUST TO BE SURE. Im not trying to be annoying or anything and I know about BHG i was pretty worried bout that but it has a HKS MHG with ARP studs so I'm pretty sure that can't be it.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
thats mosture that is in the exhaust.

looks like the cat is working

if it comes up to temp really fast,

sounds like there is a water fall behind the dash.

if smoke out of the exhaust is so thick you can not see the car behind you or you can see smoke while driving.

bhg..

this is legit though. .

st2b

Banned
Sep 15, 2006
Versailles (Lex) Ky
www.myspace.com
My does this, and I'm not turbo, it's the humidity of the exhaust and carbon being released from your exhaust, not to mention the amount of heat it's producing. If you put your hand up to it and it feels really humid, kind of like your breath then it's fine.

But if it leaves a HUGE cloud of smoke that you can see clearly in your rear view mirror, then check for coolant chemical deposits in the combustion chambers.

-Matt

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
if u let the car get to operating tempature it will stop. Besides if it was a bhg u would smell alot or anti-freeze with the amount of smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe. Yes the cars are non for bhg but u have to drive it to get a bhg.

gsmokez

Feb 18, 2007
Brampton, Ontario
Oh it doesn't leave a big cloud or anything like that, you can see behind the car perfectly fine and thats when it's sitting. I was just worried because it's my first car and I just want to make sure its running good and stuff. It's just that my parent's cars don't do that so I was wondering what was going on loll. And for the person that said something about water, theres actually water like leaking out of my exhaust down the driveway but I've been told thats a good thing.

And thanks for the upcoming video, I appreciate it.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
gsmokez;900381 said:
Oh it doesn't leave a big cloud or anything like that, you can see behind the car perfectly fine and thats when it's sitting. I was just worried because it's my first car and I just want to make sure its running good and stuff. It's just that my parent's cars don't do that so I was wondering what was going on loll. And for the person that said something about water, theres actually water like leaking out of my exhaust down the driveway but I've been told thats a good thing.

And thanks for the upcoming video, I appreciate it.

It's normal man. Come by one day and i'll start mine or my brothers cars with 3 inch exhausts lol. You'll think the whole area is on fire.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Dunckel goes the extra mile. Man, glad I live where it never snows or freezes. Screw that noise. Still, it fired right up at a touch of the key. Impressive ;)

GS: Water is a good thing. Shows your combustion is clean. Not so good for the exhaust system but hey, you can't have it all....

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Hey that's what we're here for. The best thing to do is ask a question if you don't know. Unfortunately the term BHG gets tossed around far to often. And yup, it's still light here. Well, it would be a bit lighter if it weren't snowing. BOOO!

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
jetjock;900388 said:
Dunckel goes the extra mile.
Shhh, I don't want people to know I am a nice guy.:biglaugh:

EDIT: JJ, would a bottle of heet be a good thing in weather like this? Or is it a waste of money?