Is this mechanic being straight with me?

nels0637

Dec 14, 2013
Idaho
My car recently got broke into over Christmas break when I was out of town for a month, several parts were taken but I want to just focus on one, the radiator. Why the hell they took this, idk but they did and they took everything associated with it. Ive been informed by the mechanic that the installation requires special parts. I was thinking it needed some nuts, bolts, bushings, stay brackets. Idk what the hell he is talking about, can you help me out? I don't have anytime to do this myself until summer so im trying to go the easy route.

kdog1988

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
have him print out a detailed quote of all parts and labor cost. that will give you a better idea of what the hell he's talking about because he could be blowing smoke just to charge you more.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The brackets are a certain size for the radiator and the mounting holes a certain distance to fit the Supra. They are often single model only. The way to see is put in the part number at something like Toyotapartszone.com. They will show if it fits more than one thing, like say a Camry.

nels0637

Dec 14, 2013
Idaho
Haha guys, still waiting for that potato joke. Thanks for the information, I called my local Toyota dealership and they actually had the part I needed. Ill keep you posted if the "mechanic" pulls another stunt like this.