is this a good kit?

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Personally, I would not buy from SupraStore ;)

If you want to keep stock compression, you will need to know how much material is removed from the block and head decks when you prep for a MHG. Then add both to the stock 1.37mm HG thickness...that will tell you what thickness MHG to get.

ARP studs are a good choice...the Greddy timing belt is over priced. A Gates belt is as good (same color too...if that matters) and a lot less expensive. SupraRich sells all of the above.

nosman4

Nov 10, 2007
Bend, Oregon
Yeah, I wouldn't mess with the greddy timing belts. I personally don't see what all the hype is about. When I rebuilt my motor, it had a greddy belt on it and I swapped it out for a gates belt. The greddy was still in good shape but I could get a new gates belt for about $15.

bluemk3

cool
Feb 28, 2006
h burg, PA
nosman4;1202818 said:
Yeah, I wouldn't mess with the greddy timing belts. I personally don't see what all the hype is about. When I rebuilt my motor, it had a greddy belt on it and I swapped it out for a gates belt. The greddy was still in good shape but I could get a new gates belt for about $15.

greddy timing belts are gates belts the same

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Gates produces the timing belts for Greddy. The ONLY difference is the name on the belt. Some people just prefer the Greddy label on it. We sell both and when I tell my customers the can save some money the still want the Greddy instead...

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
SupraSportJack;1203687 said:
Gates produces the timing belts for Greddy. The ONLY difference is the name on the belt. Some people just prefer the Greddy label on it. We sell both and when I tell my customers the can save some money the still want the Greddy instead...
^^
I didnt want to say this in case i was wrong but ive fitted both belts and couldnt see any difference.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Well of course the fit wouldn't be different. If it was, the belt wouldn't fit our cars. ;)

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
no i mean they looked the same, same colour exactly, same thickness just a different name.Id get whichever was cheaper at the time.