Is the 1UZ ro 2JZGE really worth it?

alacran1

Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Car is a 91 cressida 7mge

My 7m feels weak and tired (getting close to 300K). I got a bunch of 2jzge's and 1uz's in my local junkyard and was wondering if swapping the 7m for a 1UZ or the 2JZ really worth the money and trouble? If i do decide to get the 2JZGE i will not make it turbo, just want to get that in here.

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Just rebuild the 7m. If u don't want the power.. I think the rebuild would be cheaper and more reliable than a junk yard motor with un know abuse in the long run

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
idk if a 1uz would fit in a cressida but hell would it go after!! +1 for a v8 lol. you'd definately have trouble with the wiring harness, I'd recommend dr. tweak a bit of a hasle but so worth it in the end. I'd love to put a 1uz in my supra but thats another project for another year lol

Mr Bojangles

Feb 9, 2009
Madison, WI
I'd agree that if you're not looking for power just stick with the 7M. I probably wouldn't even bother rebuilding it for as cheap as the JDM motors are. When I blew my headgasket, I just bought a new 7M and did a gasket replacement on that.

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Mr Bojangles;1936999 said:
I'd agree that if you're not looking for power just stick with the 7M. I probably wouldn't even bother rebuilding it for as cheap as the JDM motors are. When I blew my headgasket, I just bought a new 7M and did a gasket replacement on that.

Good idea. I did not even think about a crate 7m that's a gread idea..