Is SupraofDoom's $1,000 hood doomed?!?!?!

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
:aigo: So, Matt just left with his new hood that I sold him. It's the CFX fiberglass cowl induction hood. There is only 1 of these hoods in existence made of fiberglass, and this is it.. There are 2 around that I know of made of carbon fiber, but both are damaged. There may be 2 other cf ones, but if there are I have no idea who owns them.

Anyway, Matt came to pick it up today in his friend's Blazer. Unknown to him at the time it will not fit inside said Blazer! Resourcefull as Matt is he went and bought some bungee cords and well, I hope the hood makes it the 3+ hour drive back to Milwaukee!!! Of course I had to take pics of this!!! Call it ghetto, call it redneck, call it whatever you want! I don't care as long as it makes the trip ok!!!!:1zhelp:

Note the cardboard for improved aerodynamics!:naughty: :icon_razz

Attachments

• SOD hood 001.jpg
    SOD hood 001.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 355
  • SOD hood 002.jpg
    SOD hood 002.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 297
  • SOD hood 003.jpg
    SOD hood 003.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 306

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
LOL whatever works, I used to a blazer like that before I got my supra except is was black with black leather and the Vortech 4.6L v6, hauled a bit of ass too lol I used to haul all kinds of stuff in that thing. But Hoods prolly won't fit even an MR2 hood would prolly be tough. Oh and grant can ya hook a brotha up with those fine hood accessories in that pic of yours LOL.

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
those blazers (or what we had, a jimmy)... was gutless as hell... now an envoy with a 4.2L inline 6 with 275hp/275ft/lbs of torque is another story!

P

Pokey

Ah I have been there before! and i see the ol SC in the background!

hey grant, does your boss still have that badass El Camino?:biglaugh:

jeff

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
Hey Grant,

It looks like he padded it and protected it enough that it will probably be fine. I'd be checking it every 5 minutes or so if it were me, though!

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Hey guys, after 9 hours, and 75$ of gas I made it there and back.... only took 14 bungie cords and a blanket... oh and stopping 8 times to make sure it was on tight on the way home.

Trip out time:
3 hours
Trip home
5 hours
Time in Between 1 hour

Used EVERYONE of these:
p257333_1.jpg

And Let me tell you, it was frickin windy as hell out, I was scared shitless, drove home speed limit at very max... pulled over like 8 times, one time a bungie came off ... whew.

But, made it home safely:
p257333_2.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I spent however many years since Duane's fist Sport Compact car feature trying to snag one of these. You can ask Grant, Slow66, MelloYello ect ect ... I kept bugging one of them to cell ( mello was selling for genna ).

Always wanted this hood, I'm so glad I finally got it, will look perfect on my Regulus car. Thanks again Grant, and thank you Duane for the great design ;).... and Toyota for helping with that , ha. No thank you to the wind, crappy blaizers size, and poor gasmileage....bleh

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Oh, and I absolutely HATE, IL, but mostly Chicago.... what a POS State / City... they fucking have 8 billion tolls, so much consruction every second of the year, horriable driver ( in chicago ), rediculous traffic, and the worst roads I've ever seen besides detriot.... with all those fucking tolls you think they'd be able to fix them...

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
good job man, your a very dedicated man...thats +1 in emp's book...

cant wait to see it installed.

Supra Junky 101

89 1JZ.
Apr 4, 2005
NH
Congrats Man. It will make a nice addition to your parts collection

Just a shame that someone didn't buy the whole car that it came off of , A true masterpeice.

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Whoot!!! Glad you made it home ok Matt!!! Your car is definately gonna be the sex!!

SJ101-I in fact did sell the remains of the car to a local guy. I also sold him an 89 na as a parts car. He aims to have it running in 1 month! Whoa! He's got a lot of work to do!!! Thanks for the compliment on the car, I'll sure miss it. I would definately consider buying another one once the Lex is done! Also, judgine by your sig it looks like yours is coming along quite well! I'm sure you know what it reminds me of with that front bumper on it!

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
SupraOfDoom said:
Oh, and I absolutely HATE, IL, but mostly Chicago.... what a POS State / City... they fucking have 8 billion tolls, so much consruction every second of the year, horriable driver ( in chicago ), rediculous traffic, and the worst roads I've ever seen besides detriot.... with all those fucking tolls you think they'd be able to fix them...

Why did you go through Chicago on a holiday weekend? or anytime for that matter.... 55 to 39 to 43 my freind.... You should pick up a map.... Mapquest sucks!

Tim@SP