Is no one playing Portal 2? (No Spoilers)

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
I usually don't buy games launch day but I had to grab this and it's been awesome so far! I got it on ps3($55 with amazon $20 bonus) and it comes with a pc/mac Steam download which is cool even though my macs can't run it ha.

Within the first few minutes it had me LOL'ing and it's kept up the whole time I've played it. The puzzles are great, some make you think and get to the verge of wanting to break something then you figure it out and you are the smartest person on earth for that moment.

I haven't tried the co-op yet, I doubt I'll play online co-op though since I have no headset. I can't imagine trying to puzzle solve without communication. I am looking forward to split screen co-op though.

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
I've played through it once already, and about 1/2 way through co-op. In co-op you can place tags to indicate where you want your buddy to place a portal, so it technically IS possible without a mic, just much more frustrating.

As for the too much money for not enough game, I'll reserve my opinion on that one until I see how much co-op there REALLY is. Took me about 8 hours to finish the single player campaign which is on par with many release games, single player. Not saying that makes it worth retail price, just putting perspective on it.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Poodles;1703183 said:
Too much money for not enough game...

Being I got it for 35 bucks, If I get 8 hours out of the story and another 3 out of co-op with one play through that seems like a good value for me. I can easily play through it twice so I'm not sure how many hours you think should be in a game? The quality of the experience is well above many other games that offer a much bigger game so far.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
GrimJack;1703092 said:
Now I'm waiting for Brink.
Been waiting for Brink for at least a year now... looks like it's gonna be good. Actually, whole lot of shooters in the pipeline looking good. :)

Poodles;1703183 said:
Too much money for not enough game...
I'm of this opinion with pretty much any game these days. I think the only games I bought "new" around launch time were MGS4 and GT5, in this generation of games. I usually wait until I can pick up a game for $30 or less, but it doesn't really matter at the moment. I have a small stack of games to get to when I find some free time (working on the house), in addition to going back through older games with the GF...

Rest assured though, Portal 2 is on that list. Right after I finish Zelda 1. ;)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yep, I pick up a lot of games on sale on steam for cheap. The only games I've paid full price for have been SC2, WoW (and it's expansions), and the Battlefield series (BF2, BF2142, BF BC2, etc).