Is it true..?

Nippon-teku

Aug 9, 2009
Hollywood, FL
What the difference between the USDM 2JZ and the JDM 2JZ. My friends were having a fuel fight lastnight at my house with this topic. They said things like one carries a MAF while the other had map sensor. Then one had 440cc injectors while the other had 550, then they started on the turbos...OMFG it went on & on....So can someone break it down Barney style for me, the difference between the 2 because I have no clue when it comes to the 2Js and I'll thinking this is the engine I want to swap into my car next. Thanks

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
that's pretty much it, what was you posted is correct...

oh and USDM engines came with EGR's..

USDM 2JZ's make more power because of the turbos and injectors, but good luck finding one...

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Turbos: ct12 (USDM) vs CT20 (JDM)
Injectors: 550cc (usdm) vs 440cc(jdm)
Electronics: MAF(usdm) cs MAP( JDM)
Cams: USDM has slightly more duration and lift IIRC

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
SOmething about the pistons also i think one type does have ceramic coated Rods or Pistons. ill ask the guys at clubaristo.net they will know

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
USDM or JDM same thing for a guy that aims for a 'single' setup in the near future....
Like I did lol! All JDM injectors,cams,retainers,valve springs,turbos,pipes,etc., all gone xexexe!
I think that a JDM 2jz is much better...no EGR,no AFM,much more torque than USDM/Export models
and the ceramic turbos spool faster than the USDM steel ones. And you can find them much easier
with less miles and unabussed....My 2 cent.
The only down side on the JDMs is the ceramic turbos are limited to 14-15 psi (USDM 18-19 psi)
and the -40 hp on stock factory papers (280 hp JDM vs 320 hp USDM/Export).
On rolling roads/dynos the stock JDM motor showed up to 315 hp and the export till 350 hp....
And there is a rumour that a stock VVTI (JDM only version 2jzgte rated still 280 hp on papers) 2jzgte
showed an impressive number of 368 hp !!!
True fact is that on factory data the vvti version had the biggest torque than the other versions...
47kgm (480 newton/meters). Almost 500 nm .... Very impressive!
Export 2jz = 43 kgm torque
JDM 2jz = 45 kgm torque

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The torque is from the smaller cam and faster spooling turboes (VVTI excluded). The VVTI will show a better curve because that's what VVTI was developed to do ;)

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Ive heard that titan is making or already makes engines producing 1000 hp for 6500 dollars?? Like they are ready to ship out. Any light on this???

Edit: This means that they get your old engine (core) and they ship you the 1000hp engine.