Is it Overpriced ?

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
I would say, yes it's a little high. I would think Maybe $4000- $5000. But it's worth what someone is willing to pay. Now is not the best time to sell thats for sure. Good luck with your sell.

I've seen san supras car and yes he did over pay. LOL!!!

So did I when I bought my first supra.

Last edited:

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Yep. I over paid for mine...91, turbo, 5 speed.....5gs. =[ I was dumb. O well. But honestly, I think thats a fair price on your car. But Im thinking the interior (rear) is whats doing it to you.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
airhead04;1578203 said:
Yep. I over paid for mine...91, turbo, 5 speed.....5gs. =[ I was dumb. O well. But honestly, I think thats a fair price on your car. But Im thinking the interior (rear) is whats doing it to you.
I agree

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
airhead04;1578203 said:

Ditto. But I don't think you overpaid for a 91, Airhead- If it makes you feel better, I paid $5100 for an '88 NA!

jagpride

Nov 17, 2009
So Cal
I paid 2100 it had paint job with pristine interior non cracked dash and and it came with an extra turbo omg: )

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
Problem is, modding cars doesn't necessarily make them worth that much more. There's a big difference in price between an 88 and an 89. I have fixed a number of Supras and sold them and wouldn't get anything older then a 91 now unless the car was super clean and had low mileage. As far as your mods, the #'s are good, but you're working with a stock block which is less sought after compared to a simple build with forged pistons. Beyond that, the interior isn't that clean and the gauges mounted into the dash stand out. With each thing like that, you're reducing the "pool" of potential buyers. I'd start lightly parting it and sell it with less mods, you'll come out way better.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
supraguy@aol;1578219 said:
Ditto. But I don't think you overpaid for a 91, Airhead- If it makes you feel better, I paid $5100 for an '88 NA!

i payed the same thing for my 86.5:nono:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
The problem is ... well, many. The points that have been made above, sure. Plus, you're trying to sell during a recession, which makes for a significantly smaller pool of buyers. Then add in the fact that you're thinking that $15k invested means more than it does... $15k invested means less than $5k in value... if that. You'll *always* make more money parting it out than trying to sell it whole. Tough to do after you've put so much effort into putting it together, though. Furthermore, you're advertising on an enthusiast site, where everyone knows the $$$ value for each individual part, and worse, can look at the pictures and count up how much more money it's going to cost them to get it into the condition they want it.

I'd suggest places like craigslist, autotrader, and ebay if you're serious about trying to move it for a decent dollar value.