Is German Castrol really going the way of the dinosaur?

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
question guys,

I used to use amsoil sythetic signature series and amsoil filter, change every 10k kilometers.

too expensive now. So I picked up GC 0w30 and napa gold filter...how often do I need to change oil and filter?

This is for a 1jz

Last edited:

88t

HATE EM, BUT LOVE THEM
Oct 13, 2008
Juneau, Alaska 99801
autozone in my area has the deal going on again. I picked some up and it is the first time im going to use it after finialy waiting for the time to change my oil. Hopefully all the rants and raves are worth it!

Bri7man

"Yeah! Take the lemons.."
Jul 17, 2009
Torrance, CA
suprarx7nut;1441667 said:
I just noticed the Autozone ad here too.

28 bucks for 5 qts and a KN filter.

Not too bad at all. :)

Yeah I just did this yesterday. I was really surprised because I was under the impression this stuff is pricey since it's so hard to find yet alone a deal with a quality filter.

Badass

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
went to advance today just to check since its on my way home from work. They don't stock it and when explaining to the guy what it's all about and that it's 0w-30 (0 weight), he told me to never run that in any engine as many brands discontinued it. :3d_frown: I told him it's rated as one of the best oils to use, then he said to try another store because they won't ever carry any.

Also, as I was looking for it I did not see any 0 weight oil on the shelf there. :3d_frown:

I guess i'll try autozone or aid auto. Or does anyone from Long Island, NY know of anywhere that has it?

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
Well I have no problem finding german castrol 0w30 german blend. It was selling for 7 bucks a litre today at cnd tire (on sale). I bought a couple years supply.