blitz blow off valve
new clutch
clarion stereo system
up on maintainence with records
some more little stuff I can't think of

N

NDBoost

that kind of mileage, yes.
Mods are a bad thing, it means the car was probably driven hard. It has high mileage. Blue book on supras are like $4600 in PERFECT CONDITION for that kind of mileage.

I wouldnt pay more then $4-5k, 6k tops because of the wheels.

edit:
i paid $1900 for my 1991 turbo targa auto. Its black, it has 133k miles chrome dipped 91 MK3 wheels, premium sound system. 3" exhaust, and apexi power intake, as well as blitz turbo timer and new ecsta supra tires.

The car wasnt running 100% because of a knock sensor rewire. Paint was in good condition and the interior was in even better. Now she has black leather interior and a new paint job.

your car in excellent condition (WORST CASE) according to KellyBlueBook:
Condition - Value
Excellent - $5,435
Good - $4,950
Fair - $4,305

Last edited by a moderator:

Turbonut

Mar 8, 2006
Frisco, TX
Turbonut said:
Is $7775 too much to pay for MK3 turbo with the following mods

122,000 miles nice in and out
targa top and 5-speed
newer paint
new yokohama tires
new 18" enkei rims
k&n cone intake
magna flow ss catback
upgraded brakes
ngk spark plugs
new retrofit a/c with new hoses
glo guages
blitz turbo timer
blitz blow off valve
new clutch
clarion stereo system
up on maintainence with records
some more little stuff I can't think of

I also forgot to mention the kicker it had a $1500 1.5 metal head gasket job done with arp bolts and flattened out surface too make a good fit how about now

N

NDBoost

part of maintenance its up to you but i wouldnt pay $7k for a mk3 with that many miles in the condition this one is probably in. but your money, that MHG job to me is worthless because i can do it for the cost of parts. Everyone has their price on things, and it kind of bugs me when i look in the auto trader and see our supras going for $5k for a turbo supra with 200k miles and its bone stock w/ faded paint. Or i see a NA supra going for $2500-$3k and its bone stock.

And then you try to talk the seller down to a reasonable price and they bullshit you about why its worth so much etc and they get pissed when you tell them their wrong and present the facts. The truth is most supras these days arent worth more then $5-$6k tops and they better be in damn good condition.

Hell look on the for sale forum here for some supras that are for sale and look at the price they go for and the amount of work alot have done to them.

Turbonut

Mar 8, 2006
Frisco, TX
NDBoost said:
part of maintenance its up to you but i wouldnt pay $7k for a mk3 with that many miles in the condition this one is probably in. but your money, that MHG job to me is worthless because i can do it for the cost of parts. Everyone has their price on things, and it kind of bugs me when i look in the auto trader and see our supras going for $5k for a turbo supra with 200k miles and its bone stock w/ faded paint. Or i see a NA supra going for $2500-$3k and its bone stock.

And then you try to talk the seller down to a reasonable price and they bullshit you about why its worth so much etc and they get pissed when you tell them their wrong and present the facts. The truth is most supras these days arent worth more then $5-$6k tops and they better be in damn good condition.

Hell look on the for sale forum here for some supras that are for sale and look at the price they go for and the amount of work alot have done to them.

your totally correct, and I am crazy ... but, they are getting rarer to find good ones and 5-speeds rarer still and targa tops rarer still and it's 250 miles from me the next closest one that meets my criteria is like 1200 miles away ... blue book dosen't really mean much for supra's and the like ... it's become a collectors car
like the 1990 300zx twin turbo you can't find a good one for under 10,000
and the really good ones are 15,000 and up but the blue book say's about the same as a 1990 supra .... where did you get your black leather int and how much

N

NDBoost

Turbonut said:
your totally correct, and I am crazy ... but, they are getting rarer to find good ones and 5-speeds rarer still and targa tops rarer still and it's 250 miles from me the next closest one that meets my criteria is like 1200 miles away ... blue book dosen't really mean much for supra's and the like ... it's become a collectors car
like the 1990 300zx twin turbo you can't find a good one for under 10,000
and the really good ones are 15,000 and up but the blue book say's about the same as a 1990 supra .... where did you get your black leather int and how much
I had to drive 14 hours round trip to get my supra, i towed her home but she was worth every last penny and second of driving. She origionally came with shadow grey/shadow grey cloth interior. I bought a 92' black turbo targa parts car and got black leather interior with it that was just reuhpolstered.

I swapped the interior and i now have everything to do a 5spd swap to my car. Plus any black body part/shadow grey interior part that i would need. Seeing as their both matching colors and matching year groups.

In the end of it all its up to you to decide how much is too much. If you think its worth it and are willing to spend the money then go for it. Me personally i wouldn't do it. I would wait for the perfect one to come by thats just the right price.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
NDBoost said:
Everyone has their price on things, and it kind of bugs me when i look in the auto trader and see our supras going for $5k for a turbo supra with 200k miles and its bone stock w/ faded paint. Or i see a NA supra going for $2500-$3k and its bone stock.

I looked at a 1989 Supra NA with around 128k miles or something for my girlfriend's brother. It was at a used car dealership and they were asking $3800 for it. It had tons of little things wrong with it (turn signals weren't working, hood struts shot, interior in poor condition, etc.) and looked like it'd been driven hard (judging by the wear on the tires and by guessing the age of the previous owner based on the modifications). It hadn't been well maintained at all. Complete rip off. We offerred them $2200 but they were like "Nooo!"

I'm probably going to have to travel a ways to find a good condition Supra for a decent price...

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
I don't think that is a great deal, but It's a matter of how much work you want to do yourself, or if you want to buy a supra that's already in really cood condition and pay more for it. It does seem like MK3's are pulling in a little more money than they used to.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Thats a great deal for that car!

If it has new paint and all those parts! Good grief!

The mk3 community is so "lowballerish" is rediculous. I cant wait until these cars resale value increases.

-Jonathan

MK3less

Money eating monster
Jun 3, 2005
Mass
siman said:
I cant wait until these cars resale value increases.

-Jonathan

do you think the resell value will increas? and what year is the car ?7g sound a little much onless it had 400 to 500 hp.but that just me

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
Are you looking for something realiable? if so you probably shouldn't be looking for a supra if you don't have a second car. You will put money into it. For that price i would save for something better. For instance, i found and this a car that i like and i saw that you posted about it, so im assuming you do also. I found a 300zx twin turbo, a 91 with 21k miles in mint condition. Leather still smells new, i bought it for 13k.....If this is something that you like i would say hold off unless you really like the supra. I bought my mk3 from california, because there was no rust and 89k on the clock. I bought mine for 4500, and it had NO mods. Just a little FYI for you

Last edited:

92Turbo

hondas suck
Apr 19, 2005
NJ
It all depends on the condition of the car...if your looking for a top condition Mk3 supra then you will have to pay top price. Many of the people that are saying not to pay more then 3K for a supra must be looking at cars that are not in pristine condition. If the car has light mods I would not be affraid to buy it, as long as it has a smoothe ride, and healthy drivetrain. If you have a good amount of knowlage about cars then you know what to look for, if not I would arrange to have a compitant mechanic check it out. Its not always about what other people think when buying a car..its about making yourself happy, if you have a set price in your head of what you are able to spend then you have to get the best car for the money. Just make sure it is the car you want before you buy it, you dont wanna change your mind later.

good luck

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
that much money dont do it, keep hunting and you will find a clean condition, hit newspapers not online search sites, thats how you'll find the rare ones for cheep.

you can find a pristine condition car for about $5-7k. honestly, i'd look for a really clean one w/ a bhg, get a pristine car and fix the hg yourself and save TONS of money looking for a perfect car or by buying a modded car for to much.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
I don't normally agree with siman, but he is right here. If every thing was done correctly (paint job, head gasket,ect.) Then it might be worth close to that, it's still a little high though. You need to look at the quality of the car. Did the owner do a through job on every thing or did he half ass things. You will defiantly be able to tell the difference on a car owned by someone who pays attention to even the details and a car owned by someone who really doesn't give a crap.

But you need to accept two contradicting facts to make your decision.

A. You WILL be able to find another supra somewhere else cheaper. FACT.

B. Our cars are getting getting much harder to come by especially in good condition. FACT.

You have to decide if the condition of the car is worth the price of admission for you. Just because Joe Schmo down the street is selling his Supra with a BHG, Rod knock on two cylinders, faded paint, three missing moldings, and a faded ripped and oil stained interior for $1500, doesn't mean that THIS Supra is worth as little as $1500.

You need to decide if you have the money and if it's worth it for you to get a car that has already had this much work done to it.

Even so, you should still try and barter with him. Thats half the fun of buying a car. Get it as low as he will go.

On a side note, Yes our cars value is starting to go up. Over the course of a year the resale value of my Supra has gone up $800, so it’s starting to move.

TurboSupra7

Apr 9, 2005
Olathe, Kansas
i paid 6k for my 90 turbo 5 speed light blue, and i wouldn't trade it out for anything else. Drive the car and pay attention to what it tells you, that is all i have to say.