iPhone/itouch your sister app...tsrm

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
dumbo;1251087 said:
And you own THREE Supra's!! Rocken the Haynes then?

I bought a haynes, its f'ing useless. Its a mash together of mk3 and mk2 stuff, the information in there is either for mk3's or mk2's but never both so theres a crap load of info missing regardless if you own a mk2 or a mk3.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Canuckrz;1251238 said:
I bought a haynes, its f'ing useless. Its a mash together of mk3 and mk2 stuff, the information in there is either for mk3's or mk2's but never both so theres a crap load of info missing regardless if you own a mk2 or a mk3.

Yah I know...I bought one before I bought the tsrm..

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
I used my psp for a handy tsrm.. it was cool. rt button lt button checking pics and zooming in. now I have my laptop. just need money to spend on mk3.......lol.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
damn, i thought it was always toyota supra repair manual.

would the screen be big enough to show diagrams or can it zoom in fairly close, fairly quick?

haven't had any experience with the iphones :D lg dare here

plus i always had my laptop in the shop on SM doing some of the problem solving my tsrm didn't want to handle

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
I've used my gfs iphone for looking at it. I had to zoom maybe 3-5 times to get it close enough to see what I was doing. lol it helps to turn it sideways for the widescreen vision.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Mk3runner;1251466 said:
I used my psp for a handy tsrm.. it was cool. rt button lt button checking pics and zooming in. now I have my laptop. just need money to spend on mk3.......lol.

Wait, are you using the psp's web browser or is there some kind of app available to view it?

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
Canuckrz;1251824 said:
Wait, are you using the psp's web browser or is there some kind of app available to view it?

no, took what section from the tsrm and put it on my psp memory stick. I can view at as a pic and zoom and flip through pages looking at stuff. no internet needed. just your tsrm on your pc and then transfer onto the stick so you can view it on your psp. I got a 4gig so I coulda put the whole thing on there but it wasnt needed.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Mk3runner;1251915 said:
no, took what section from the tsrm and put it on my psp memory stick. I can view at as a pic and zoom and flip through pages looking at stuff. no internet needed. just your tsrm on your pc and then transfer onto the stick so you can view it on your psp. I got a 4gig so I coulda put the whole thing on there but it wasnt needed.
Ah I see, I got an 8gig stick but it seems like copying them all as images would be just as much of an inconvience. I wouder if someone has made a pdf viewer for the psp yet.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
it wasnt a inconvience.. not one bit. whatever you see when looking at the tsrm on your computer or online I just copied that into my psp and that was it. I took a whole section of the tsrm and just copied it on and it was done. nothing difficult one bit.

InFrnt0fU

Lurking Supra Socialite
This is ridiculous IMO, people are taking technology too far out of the box. I certainly don't mind getting pieces of paper covered in grease and grime, but a tiny, fragile, and expensive electronic device...idk about that.

Think of it this way...your working on your supra, which we all tend to be doing from time to time, :sarcasm: your frustrated and attempt the good ole "if i curse at it and bang at it" method.............I'd much rather end up slamming down a steel wrench or screw driver.

NOW...make an code reader app so you could check error codes on the fly...get that working and I'll have some praise ready for you.

.02:icon_bigg

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
hey understood. just I didnt have a printer at the time and my psp was next runner up. I dropped the damn thing now the wifi dont work... helped get my ride going tho.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I feel bad for you.
I use a Palm Treo window Mobil based comes with a very easy to use PDF reader called..
PICSEL PDF VIEWER (TM)
Version 1.1.0

It opens TSRMs with no problem.
Zoom and page flipping is a snap also.

Maybe they built their software for other OS like palm or mac touch I dought it but you would have to buy it also.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
gaboonviper- Is there anymore progress on this? I'm still interested in being able to keep the TSRM in my front pocket.

infrontofu-I plan on keeping my TSRM for MUCH MUCH MUCH longer than I plan on keeping my phone. And swearing and yelling at it is the only way to go;)

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
no we need to get someone with a mac that knows a little about programing....i havent emailed him cause i havent had time really...work is kickin my ass but ill probably send him an email and ask him to join this thread so he can tell us what we need to do..

mbringle

Feb 21, 2009
Irvine
www.CygnusX1.net
Yea I got my account activated.

So, I looked into writing the app, but I don't have the equipment for it, or an iPhone, or a background in Mac apps. But there has to be an easier way. How about viewing PDFs? There is a version with PDFs for each chapter. Or just rip the TSRM web site and make like a local copy and browse from your phone. Its hard because I don't know what they are capable of.

But if anyone wants to write it I can get you the TSRM pages in the format you need.