SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
I made some changes yesterday.

p1498718_1.jpg

p1498718_2.jpg

p1498718_3.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I'm on the fence about lowering it. I've got a full set of Tokico blues and new mounts ready to go in. I've been thinking about an Eibach Pro Kit for it, but I don't always do city driving. My dad and sister live out in the country and their driveways have high centers, so I may just leave it with stock springs. What do yall think?

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Looks awesome man. I think you should lower it. The pro-kit doesn't have too much of a drop, plus you could always ride off-center like I do down my alley way.

Who

Supramania Contributor
I think it looks good the way it is. The dark color paint blends in with the wheel wells and tires and hides the gap making it look lower than it is. Remember its a luxury sports car. I wouldn't want to stiffen or bounce the ride.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
The MKIV 17's was going to be a suggestion of mine. Nice choice, they look SO right on the SC's. My brother has a black 93 with Tein coilovers and MKIV 17's, and it's an incredible car. I love how the steering column retracts up and out of the way, when you get out, and back to you when you get in. A lot of technology in that old car...

My suggestion for suspension would be coilovers. Again, my brother's car had the squishy suspension when he bought it, and in all fairness, the struts could have been worn out, but they were quickly replaced with Tein coilovers and the difference is huge. His isn't slammed either, it's down about an inch and raked a bit. Looks much better as the front wheel gap is a bit much compared to the rear.

Very nice car!

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Supracentral;1460626 said:
It's effectively a MKIV N/A with a classier interior. Everything from the MKIV swaps over. You could throw a bone stock 2JZ-GTE with harness, computer and stock twins into it and have one hell of a quick luxury sport.

That is what I would do.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
RazoE;1498755 said:
love the center caps..!!

are they off a GS300..?

I'm not sure. The guy I bought them from is a Lexus mechanic and he got them. I like them!!!!

Who;1499186 said:
I think it looks good the way it is. The dark color paint blends in with the wheel wells and tires and hides the gap making it look lower than it is. Remember its a luxury sports car. I wouldn't want to stiffen or bounce the ride.

I agree, and I don't need to spend the money on springs right now. I probably will a little later on. I'm thinking I'll go with Tanabes. 1.2 in the front and .9 in the rear and they are only 5% stiffer than stock.

empera;1499206 said:
very nice, love sc's...wish mine had more power tho...or newer

Thanks! Wish mine had more power too. I think I need more turbo.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
supra90turbo;1499217 said:
... I love how the steering column retracts up and out of the way, when you get out, and back to you when you get in. A lot of technology in that old car...

Thats cool. The mk3 has a pretty advanced setup also just have to manually retract it.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
So today I take it in to get the tires balanced 'cause it was kinda shaky and driving funny. Well $700 later, I leave with new tires. Turns out the Pirelli's that were on it were dated 1995! They were hard as a rock and out of round. I'm still stinging over that, but hey, the car drives and rides like a million bucks again!

So needless to say, it ain't getting lowered with new springs anytime soon.:: angry ::

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
gtsfirefighter;1500762 said:
So today I take it in to get the tires balanced 'cause it was kinda shaky and driving funny. Well $700 later, I leave with new tires. Turns out the Pirelli's that were on it were dated 1995! They were hard as a rock and out of round. I'm still stinging over that, but hey, the car drives and rides like a million bucks again!

So needless to say, it ain't getting lowered with new springs anytime soon.:: angry ::

That's going to leave a mark!

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Zumtizzle;1500945 said:
Ouch.

These look like MK4 wheels with Lexus Center caps.

What sizes are the tires/wheels? What rubber you get? :)

They are MKIV TT wheels with Lexus centercaps.
I got Falkens Ziex SE512's I believe. Don't know the size off hand, but looks just about the same as what's in the pics.

Poodles;1500958 said:
Damn, at least you found it now before you had a catastrophic failure!

No shit! I'm taking it on the road next week and am glad I caught it now.

jugodegolf;1501005 said:
That's going to leave a mark!

It did. I had to throw that pair of underwear away.:biglaugh: