Intro thread!

585Soup

Mar 12, 2015
Colorado
My name is Sam, I'm from Rochester NY.

I recently got my first mkiii. It was a ballsy purchase...of eBay. Luckily, it's turned out to be a decent buy. A lot of little things of course, were not listed. But, it's an 87, turbo, targa, 5 speed. The two main issues it had when I got was, it had a bad ground some where and the radiator was shot.

Well...I replaced the radiator with an eBay one of course, and flushed the crap out of the system. It was loaded with rust. The ground issue turned out to be water inside the plug channel. I'm guessing someone pressure washed it at some point. So after hours of drying it out, new wires and plugs..the battery doesn't die anymore and it runs right.

Currently on the to do list: Hatch seal, targa seal, valve cover gasket(i'll probably retorque the head as well when I do this) and then the paint.

Any suggestions for retorquing the head? It's got 100k on it or so. I don't think the head gaskets bad in any way since it runs fine and doesn't burn oil or coolant. I may just leave it alone til the gasket goes.

I'll try to get on this more often, it's been a ton of help so far.

Supra MKIII.JPG