internal parts for r154?

suprahilux

ULTRA Lurker
Jun 12, 2007
conroe, texas
I have torn down my trans because 1st gear started popping out of gear. It is not quite completely apart, but I did find that the no.1 shift fork has a piece broken off on the hub surface but it did not damage the hub. Anyways, I would be more comfortable with replaceing it.

Does anyone know of any suppliers of internal hard parts other than the dealer?

So far I know that I need the No.1 shift fork. I will be ordering the MC thrust washer and bearing retainer. I am not sure if I will need any other parts yet, but I will get there tomorrow. Any suggestions on suppliers would be nice.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
^nah not champion. that might run you 30-50 bucks. on friday i just got my hub, syncros, tons of snaprings, and a couple bearings for my tranny. all from champion. it took a while because most of those where a special order. the fun will start tuesday when i can go to my friends house to use his press. thats where i get all my oem parts and you should too. you'll save $$$4.

suprahilux

ULTRA Lurker
Jun 12, 2007
conroe, texas
I just ordered the fork from the dealer along with a couple of bearings and fornt seal. Total was 163. I don't think that is too bad. He will have them for me by the end of the week. Time is important to me b/c it is torn down on my friends bench. Also I just did a 5 speed swap last november along with an engine rebuild and turbo swap, got to drive it for about a month before this happened so I am eager to get it back.